Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Dramatic changes" to combat in FFVII Remake confirmed

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default "Dramatic changes" to combat in FFVII Remake confirmed

In an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine Nomura has confirmed that there will be "dramatic changes" made to the combat in the Final Fantasy VII Remake, although it will remain "recognisable".

http://www.psu.com/news/27676/Final-...e-recognisable

Goodbye, ATB?
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-30-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Just make it like X-2. ATB with action elements. But I have a feeling it'll be like XV.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Eh. I havent much clue what it couls be. But if itd supposed to be recognisable. Then either like x-2 or..... Soething new. Idk like a job system which each job can only use certain materia??

I"m sure it will still be turn based since he's saying 'recognizeable', so considering I am not huge on the combat (It's good, just not amazing), I look forward to this.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The more vague "It'll be the same, but different!" comments like this I hear, the more I can see the wails of anger and disapproval from fans about how they ruined FFVII.

I'll be happy as long as it's still turn based on a separate battle mode where I have direct control over all my characters. Anything less, and it's not FFVII.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm thinking it will be a retooled versions of XII's system, which is basically X-2's system with the ability to move your characters around. I am totally expecting A.I. partners in the game though.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

I'm expecting it to be very similiar to XV's system. As much as some fans want turn based I dont see SE going back to it. On smaller spinoff titles yes, but on there 50+ million budget mega games they want to hit the biggest market possible. They want the call of duty, mass effect, skyrim crowd.

If it's anything like the FF XII or FF XV battle systems I won't buy it. Who gives a toss about the Skyrim crowd, honestly. If you want Skyrim- play smurfing Skyrim.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That article told us absolutely nothing new.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm open to trying new things - if I want to play FFVII itself, I'll play FFVII - but I hope whatever they do doesn't suck.

It's all pretty much meaningless until we have some context. Without seeing it in action there's no way to judge if it's keeping to the spirit of the mechanics.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I"m sure it will still be turn based since he's saying 'recognizeable', so considering I am not huge on the combat (It's good, just not amazing), I look forward to this.
    Maybe we'll 'recognize' it from the FFXV demo.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

It's going to suck. Just warning you guys now. Even if we get lucky, and they keep it turn based. Just imagine how badly they are going to ruin the story. Looking forward to seeing Genesis in the Nibelheim reactor? I'm not.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm thinking it will be a retooled versions of XII's system, which is basically X-2's system with the ability to move your characters around. I am totally expecting A.I. partners in the game though.
    What are you talking about, Wolf? The battle systems of XII and X-2 are nothing alike.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Maybe he meant XIII? It's very easy to miss a Roman numeral.