Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFNut replays the Snes

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Hey Everyone, Welcome back to FFNut replays the SNES. I was asked to do Wild Guns, and me never before playing this game gave me no story to introduce it.

The Story: Gangsters in the Wild West have gunned down Annie's family. Annie has decided to hire local bounty hunter Clint to help take the law into her own hands and revenge her family that was lost to her.

Gameplay: This is the classic old school arcade style Shoot em' up. You take control of either Annie or Clint and in the true John Wayne type defence of standing in the open and watching the bad guys shoot at you and hopefully miss as they jump out from behind buildings you peg them off one bye one. You start with a six shooter and as you progress you get power ups such as machine guns, and the best of all bombs which will Nuke everything on the screen.

Difficulty: This game can get tough as the screen is filled with bullets flying and as you move in Matrix style dodging, there really is no place for you to hide. It boils down how good your eye hand is, and split second decisions that makes the difference between life and death for Annie and Clint. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Music: I have no clue what it sounded like as the sound of guns bad guys yelling and all the other noise drowned it out on you. To be honest I had to play the game on mute.

Overall: This wasn't my cup of tea as I was never into the whole stand there and kill them all Arcade games as a kid. That being said I can definitely see what would attract people to it. It took the classic Arcade Style Shoot em' up, gave it a wild west steampunk look, gave a ton of action non stop, and introduced a strong female who could kick butt. Even though it wasn't for me if you like this type of game I say give it a go, it is one of the best I played in this genre and I give it overall a 7 out of 10.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never experienced Wild Guns either. Once I get a laptop or something to emulate on then I'll give it a whirl. Far too many SNES gems that I haven't experienced!

Pewpewpewpewpewpew! >: D

I love the arcade feel of the game, but I can certainly understand it being a bit of a turn off if that isn't your cup of tea -- kind of knocks out my next suggestion of Sunset Riders, though.

Are you interested in a Zelda game you may not have tried before? If so, you should check out BS The Legend of Zelda Third (or Fourth) Quest -- it's an SNES remake of the original Legend of Zelda.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Just finished The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. Write up coming soon!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

It was Christmas and I had a dream. The dream was I would somehow get $20 bucks so I could go to the store and buy The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past that was on sale for the great low price of $19.99. Of course I never thought that it would be closer to $23 after tax, but it was next on my hit list as I had just finished for the third time Final Fantasy III (Later in north America shown as VI) and I was not to be denied! As it happened, I did get denied and got no money but bye a fluke my sister grabbed it for me as a gift! It was a great day. After opening gifts with the family I rushed over to my SNES and plugged in a game that would take me to the world of Hyrule and on an adventure to save a Princess known as Zelda.

The Story: An evil Wizard (is there any other kind for a video game) has kidnapped the decedents of old, 7 maidens the last being Princess Zelda herself and is preforming a ritual to dray them into the dark world in order to open a path for himself and gain access to the Tri Force that will make him a God amongst man. Mr. evil Wizard has brainwashed the king, and took his daughter Zelda prisoner as she is the final key to the puzzle for him. You wake up on a stormy night in your Uncles home and see him armed to the teeth and are told to stay put. However a telepathic message from the Princess, and a rebellious spirit has you disobey your uncle and set off to rescue her, and defeat the evil Wizard. I wont give away the whole story here, just in case others wish to play it and experience it for themselves. However this is just the prologue to an epic adventure.

Gameplay: It is a over view map world where as you moved through screens it would take you to the next part of the world. You had full control on where you adventured, and as new items were found it opened up even more of the map in a sandbox feel. It focused on the dungeons that were worlds within themselves almost as you searched for keys and special items to help you though them.

Difficulty: I remember as a kid ripping my hair out on some of the dungeons. However as I am now older (and a little more patient) I found the game much easier to figure out. Nothing really stands out as not being able to figure out with a little time and a level head.

Music: The music to it is catchy as you find yourself humming along to it, the only downside to it is if you have low health the game beeps repeatedly until you can heal which makes you hit mute pretty fast as it is annoying.

Overall: This game was epic on all levels! I never had so much fun playing a game again in long time. I really couldn't put it down and it really stood out as one of the best games for the SNES made. It is a must play for any retro gamer!