Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Dawn Trailer

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I 2nd Fynn on the Galuf thing. He also looks like Christian Bale 30 years from now.

It doesn't really give us a whole lot for a story trailer, but I think there's got to be a lot of symbolism in there. The crippled dog in particular has to have some bigger meaning. For some reason, when I first saw the dog, I thought for some reason it would morph into Noctis or something.

It hasn't really been mentioned, but the contrast to this trailer is really kind of fascinating. At the start, we have child-Luna getting abused in what looks like a possible rape scene -- very controversial to say the least, but we don't know for sure what happens there, but in any event, it doesn't look good at all. And the end, we have the tenderness of Lucis and kid-Noctis.

I loved the part where Noctis pushed his father away, possibly because Lucis' beard is itchy, NOT because he's rejecting his father's affection. I'm a sucker for small touches like that.

The trailer doesn't show much in the gameplay department, but again, we've seen plenty of that, and I wanted more story/character development anyway.

And, how about those three large Guardian esque things high up in the sky? It's already been confirmed that they are NOT summons, so... what on earth could they be? I get that people are disappointed with this trailer, but there's quite a bit of intrigue involved when you look a little deeper into things.

Was expecting more TBH. Their other trailers were good... this one, not so much. Doesn't really tell me much more about the game.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The trailer seemed to care more about setting the tone, which is... fine, actually, IMO. Perhaps it really is just laying the groundwork for other trailers. But even if it isn't, the tone and the sheer raw quality of the emotions is really something we have t seen in an FF yet.

Which makes me all the more sad to see so much hate in this thread. Yes, the wait is long, but we've already seen a lot of exciting stuff and it's all looking really amazing. After the train wreck that was XIII, things are looking really fantastic for this game, and it all seems so fresh and new for FF with tons of actual creative thought put into it. Unlike anything Toriyama was ever capable of. So no, I disagree that the XIIIs coming out in a timely fashion makes them anything more than that. While XV looks like a huge endeavor and I'm happy to wait twice as long, seeing how unique this game looks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not saying THAT was hate It wasn't directed at anyone in particular here. Its just that the Internet is very angry with the trailer and so many people are getting so personal over this game taking so long and being underwhelmed by the trailer.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except the XIII Trilogy was working with an established engine and world which is a hell of lot easier to make a game quickly if you don't have to hire people to create a world, characters, gameplay and graphics engine from scratch. Of course the XIII Trilogy came out in a timely manner, because it already took them five years to make FFXIII since the original concept was thought up in 2004.

I'm not saying Versus XIII/XV's development has not been a train wreck and will probably stand shamefully next to the likes of Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever as development hell horror stories. Yet I would point out that previous FFs have given us far less. Hell XIII and XII received very lukewarm responses by fans from their demos, but a demo just shows you an aspect of the game and FF demos are known for being pretty jarring and giving off no answers and having very unpolished and unfinished gameplay.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did we really need to see a young girl getting attacked by an old man? Really? Urgh.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    It hasn't really been mentioned, but the contrast to this trailer is really kind of fascinating. At the start, we have child-Luna getting abused in what looks like a possible rape scene -- very controversial to say the least
    I reaaally doubt that's where that scene was headed haha. This is still a Final Fantasy game. I imagine that flashback is of her home being seized by the imperials when she was young. Or was she born into that society? Don't think that's been clarified yet.

I enjoyed the trailer, honestly I don't want them to show too much of the story (game/movie trailers do that far too much these days) so this one focusing more on the serious tone/emotion of the story was great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Did we really need to see a young girl getting attacked by an old man? Really? Urgh.
    It's almost as if they're trying to alienate their female user base, or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SapientiaXIII View Post
    I are female. That thought never even crossed my mind when I saw the scene. Just looked like maybe Luna being kidnapped or maybe an attempted assassination? How do we know that guy was old to begin with? My oh my.
    *It's almost as if they're trying to alienate the female user base who are irritated by this sort of thing.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I are female. That thought never even crossed my mind when I saw the scene. Just looked like maybe Luna being kidnapped or maybe an attempted assassination? How do we know that guy was old to begin with? My oh my.
    *It's almost as if they're trying to alienate the female user base who are irritated by this sort of thing.
    I'm not irritated by it, but it definitely had a rape-y vibe which isn't exactly what I want out of a Final Fantasy game.

But meh. The whole thing was meh.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    It's almost as if they're trying to alienate their female user base, or something.
    It's not that, it's just cliche and troute.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

We don't know the context of the scene at all. Isn't it a little bit too early to be jumping to conclusions? It seems there's always someone offended by something these days, jeez.
    This.

As for the rape comment, wtf.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's being held hostage/kidnapped, as the situation makes it seem she's the daughter of a royal in an occupied city. Makes sense for her to have that in her backstory. Rape implications aren't that far-fetched, but I really doubt that's what they were going for.

I'm also starting to wonder what her relationship with Noctis will be. It looks like his country invaded hers in the past, now hers invades his. Unless I'm mixing up some facts XD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm sure most of the women on this board will agree--you just can't possibly understand how, as a woman, tiring it gets to be inundated with countless media that likes to weaken females, especially through rape.

It's especially especially disheartening to see the only confirmed major female (and non playable) character be a victimized. She may very well be STRONG, but she's no doubt dealt with trauma (even if she wasn't raped).

So smurfing tiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.