Thread: Are you a modder?

Default Are you a modder?

Do you mod games? Do you also make mods for games? Lately I've been modding Deus Ex and GTA San Andreas a lot. They both have the best mod support I've seen for really any game. Though I will say GTA SA's mod support complexity far usurps the general support to be modded. I've been having an issue with the TTDISA mod for SA which basically takes all the lost content of San Andreas- Dialogue, missions, vehicles, pedestrians, weapons (if there's any), and features like rampages, car salesmen, slasher from LCS, stunt boat challenges, robbable stores, and some new content and put it all in San Andreas. It's blooddy awesome and I've even added other mods as well. Next thing I'm going to do is add a farming side mission mod and do a weapon limit adjusting mod to add more weapons in game (not replace textures) and so much more. Ahh it's fun. But I feel San Andreas was one of those games that needed to be modded because it felt a bit.... void. Like lack of content and stuff to do. Now with TTDISA the old version of GTA SA feels like the beta and the mod the fresh copy. So do you mod?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sure am. When I'm having a ton of fun playing a game there's nothing I adore more than being given the tools to build whatever the hell I want. Of course when I say modding I usually exclusively refer to modifying the gameplay. I naturally gravitated towards games that had a built-in level editor or something along those lines. N is one of my favorite platformers precisely because of that. I also played a fair amount of Trackmania and LBP just because you could build your own courses in a simple and straightforward manner.

I'm pretty sure the Warcraft III World Editor is a big reason as to why I'm so much into programming nowadays. Hell I'm still using it, only just released a map a month ago. Did a lot of stuff with Lunar Magic, the Super Mario World editor, too. Not to mention, I spent a lot of time on qhimm.com as well, modding FF7. It was a blast. There's a reason Super Mario Maker is one of my most anticipated releases of 2015.

Modding, mapmaking, editing, whatever you want to call it, it's just so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Sure am. When I'm having a ton of fun playing a game there's nothing I adore more than being given the tools to build whatever the hell I want. Of course when I say modding I usually exclusively refer to modifying the gameplay. I naturally gravitated towards games that had a built-in level editor or something along those lines. N is one of my favorite platformers precisely because of that. I also played a fair amount of Trackmania and LBP just because you could build your own courses in a simple and straightforward manner.

I'm pretty sure the Warcraft III World Editor is a big reason as to why I'm so much into programming nowadays. Hell I'm still using it, only just released a map a month ago. Did a lot of stuff with Lunar Magic, the Super Mario World editor, too. Not to mention, I spent a lot of time on qhimm.com as well, modding FF7. It was a blast. There's a reason Super Mario Maker is one of my most anticipated releases of 2015.

Modding, mapmaking, editing, whatever you want to call it, it's just so much fun.
    I wouldn't really see much need to mod FF7. Except maybe for the graphical enhancement mods and a difficulty mod. But I'd still mod if because why the hell not? I got all the resources available so I'll waste most of my day with trial and error. Because that's what modding San Andreas pretty much is, trial and error.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not a modder. I haven't even downloaded any mods. I like to play the game as is, ya know?

Blog Entries

Yes, I play some games with mods.

I play Civ V a lot with mods. I used to play DayZ mod a ton. But it has since been made into a stand alone game.
    Last edited by escobert; 08-11-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

noooooo I'm always afraid I'll ruin them

Do nude patches count

Cuz im doing these in my mind

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I lack the creative to create my own mods. I'm one of those people who opens up Minecraft, on recommendation to do so by somebody, and will just close it down saying "I'm bored". I wish I had an ounce of artistic intuition, instead of just craving it.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I made a full mod for Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 when I was 13/14 or so. I've also done stuff on Dwarf Fortress and The Sims. Oh, and I once modded an entire wrestling game to be filled with EoFFers (not just create-a-wrestler stuff but also the ring aprons and banners and stuff) for an LP here.