Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fantastic Four

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Investors are happy that Fox's big budget movie just failed...?

Probably not. But the investors probably wouldn't let Fox sell off the rights to the Fantastic Four before they did that stupid origin story reboot. So, now they have no choice but to sell. Anyway there's conflicting reports on the F4's Box Office. ScreenRant and Variety says one thing and Box Office Mojo says another. It's annoying.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Actually they're all pretty much in agreement, the opening US weekend looks set to be a big stinker by superhero movie standards. Of course loads of internet bigots are already seizing on this info as proof that casting Michael B Jordan was a terrible idea (yeah guys, that's clearly the reason nobody wants to see it). Of course it may yet be bailed out by international grosses, like Terminator: Genisys has been.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I...am actually really interested in seeing this movie, and as a general rule don't care much for superhero movies. Nor am I terribly invested in Fantastic Four.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

PLEFTBW was right. I just got done seeing it and it's not a bad film by any stretch of the imagination. I'm baffled by the horrible reviews.

I'd rank it higher than the first Captain America film easily.
    Last edited by DMKA; 08-09-2015 at 01:17 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    PLEFTBW was right.
    Noted, and will probably be quoted out of context shortly.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I was so bored this entire movie. So bored. Nothing happened! And then 10 minutes from the end Dr Doom shows up blows up some stuff is punched and then the end.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Me and Mr. Carny went to see this movie two days ago and it was... okay? It was by no means the worst film imaginable, and it does have a few bright points but ultimately, it is a poor film. I'd give it a 5, maybe even 4/10.

The film just gets progressively worse the more it goes on. The beginning starts interesting enough, with a young Reed and the origin story of his device. Let's just leave aside and ignore how any parent would allow their child to construct something so dangerous in their garage. Then it goes on into the present day. Again, okay, but not very exciting. Some development for Sue, and Johnny, though Grimm basically leaves the film for half of it. Victor is introduced, and goes all psycho-protective boyfriend over Sue. Eventually, and I mean eventually, the machine is built, and the men go into the pods (Grimm being brought in the last minute).

Seriously, what is Grimm even there for? In the past, he was good literally for giving Reed that power converter, and has limited scientific knowledge. I'm fairly certain Grimm and Sue/Johnny barely speak to each other in the film. His role was never defined. Neither was Victor's. He vanishes for half the film and then pops up towards the end.

That sums up the film. Things popping up and fading out of view again. It wasn't a very good film.

Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad. It was a bit slow in places and the ending didn't really fit that well with the rest of the film. But, those were the only two big problems.

I'd give it a 5.5/10. Maybe a 6. By no stretch of the imagination was it the worst superhero movie I've ever seen.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I've seen rumours that Marvel are finally getting the film rights back. Anyone up for another reboot?

*watches tumbleweed roll past*
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

I never did share my review on this. You can find it on my blog if you're really curious, but I'll give you the cliffnotes.

Reeds' an unlikeable douche and deserve all the hate he gets.

The Thing looks fake as hell.

The people get their powers by basically getting drunk and thinking it's a good idea to travel to another dimension. Susan is just at the wrong place at the wrong time trying to save their stupid asses. Basically, their origin story can be summed up as "Stupid teenagers."

The guy playing Doom sticks his hand in green goop for crying out loud.

Dr. Doom is a Eco-terrorist that dies from stupidity because he doesn't do any of the trout he does to extras when fighting the main heroes. And by the time he does kill off the soldiers or whatever you're rooting for him because they're dicks and you don't care if they die. Yes, I rooted for the bad guy IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE!

Only good thing about the movie was Johnny and Susan. Props to them for not making a big deal out of Susan being adopted. Even though the only reason they made her adopted was so they could cast a white girl in the role.

Oh, and the powers were okay, too. WHEN THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED THEM!

Roll credits.
    Last edited by Ayen; 10-15-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I've seen rumours that Marvel are finally getting the film rights back. Anyone up for another reboot?

*watches tumbleweed roll past*
    That rumor is likely fake. Unfortunately.

If it's not fake, I'd actually like to see them introduce the F4 in a movie like the Infinity War. I don't think they really need their own movie, as most of the audience knows who the characters are anyway. Reed & Susan could be involved in Averngers storylines, Johnny w/ Spider-Man, and Thing w/ the Guardians. Doom would be a great Big Bad for an Avengers/F4 teamup to face in Phase 4. "Fantastic Phase 4?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Silver Surfer and Galactus in the next Guardians movie, or GTFO!