Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a PS4 Remaster Collection?

Default How about a PS4 Remaster Collection?

With all those PS3 titles that get their remaster even if only 1-2 years old - like The Last of Us - why not bring out a Trilogy Remaster Collection of FFXIII? With all kinds of extras like costumes for Lightning Returns, the Collosseum for XIII-2 (maybe even for Lightning Returns as new extra) and extras/DLC codes for FFXIII-1 so we can actually do more once we have reached the end of the first installment? Would that something you'd consider buying?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Not really. If I really wanted to see them "remastered", all I would need is to get them on PC and use the magic of graphics settings to make htem look as good as a PS4 could ever have made them, or even better
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

More options wouldn't hurt . I never played the sequels, so I wouldn't mind having a full 1080p option, all in one collection. From the cross generational games I've played, rendering them at the native resolution of an HDTV makes a huge difference and I don't really enjoy playing these kinds of games on my PC.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I would love that. It's been rumored for some time. I'd would buy it but they should include all the dlc from xiii2 and lr. I absolutely loved all 3 of these games, and still to this date, the only reason i never traded my 360 in when i got my ps4 so i could still play those three games and fallout 3.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I've got a feeling that this will be announced at E3. If it's not then I'll actually be shocked. I mean PS4 currently has the VII, IX, X/X-2 and XII Remasters. Why not XIII, too?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Seems like they need to port 8. Not that I particularly like that game either. But if they're going to do XIII, then they also need to do VIII. Especially since they already have the games directly before and after it from the PS1. But as much as I dislike XIII I wouldn't be opposed to this. It's easy money, its convenient for console owners, and it helps out the people who do actually like those particular games. There's very little down-side; especially since I can't imagine such a simple port to detract from any major projects. I mean they could probably put 2 or 3 guys on it and have it done in a week since it's basically just converting files for compatibility

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

no next year is the FF XVI HD remaster. then the XV remaster, then the FFT remaster, then the FFXIII remaster, then teh FF IV RE RE REmaster. then FF1 and 2 RE RE REmaster. then FFx=X2 RE REmaster.
    basically every game except VIII cos square enix are cruel to the poor game, and i dont even like it that much its just the truth

Not interested.

I'd been watching the cutscenes of XIII and trying to finish it, but I just can't. I dropped it after the 5th hour, 3 hours more left. I wonder if it'll get better...

Square should remake the older FF games first.
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

@Vyk: Yeah, I'm not a big fan of FFVIII either but Square need to get that PS4 port sorted. As for XIII, I can't lie: I liked it. Enough to complete the game twice on PS3. However, even though I also liked FFXIII-2 I found the ending frustrating so I never bothered to get Lightning Returns. So yeah, I'm not sure if I'd buy a trilogy on PS4.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

This is a hard no from me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Despite owning all three I have never even once put them into my PS3 disc drive. Would I buy a remastered PS4 trilogy? Of course I would! I love pissing my money away on unnecessary duplicates. I own FFXII on PS2 and PS4 and have barely invested an hour in it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd prefer they wait another generation or two before they consider it. I prefer the idea of remaking than remastering either way.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Meh, already played it once and don't need to again. Game's not even that old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Despite owning all three I have never even once put them into my PS3 disc drive. Would I buy a remastered PS4 trilogy? Of course I would! I love pissing my money away on unnecessary duplicates. I own FFXII on PS2 and PS4 and have barely invested an hour in it.
    There's a lot of games I own, that I don't, or can't play for one reason or another, just to support a developer. Not sure I'd do it for Squeenix, but I get the sentiment