Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most useless spell

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Float sucks and so does Berserk.
    Berserk is actually really OP in XII and combined with haste it will wreck everything until the game cheats and pulls a paling out of it's bum.

I've always found poison very situational and overall rather useless.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

If I can go game-specific, Vanish was absolutely worthless in FFXII.

If I have to consider the whole series, I don't think I ever really used Poison much in any game. Float is pretty lame overall, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy
    A lot of the spells in FFXII are interesting and have unique uses, especially Arcane magic. But Decoy is awful.
    I have no idea what you guys are doing complaining about Decoy in FFXII. Its misses are very mildly annoying, but it otherwise works pretty well.

Poison is probably the only entirely worthless spell, at least up until XIII.

VI there was PUnbaba who was weak to it, but you already have Bio by then.

Berserk is fantastic in FF IV, pair with Haste to auto-win basically most fights.

Float is situational, but great when it does come in handy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are doing complaining about Decoy in FFXII. Its misses are very mildly annoying, but it otherwise works pretty well.
    Yeah, Decoy was great. The hit rate was shoddy at best, but with an indigo pendant that turns to a 100% rate and works very well with a tank at the front. Seriously, the Indigo Pendant is one of the best accessories in the game.

As for Poison, it is very situational. I agree; it is far better in FFXIII, and even then only for enemies with long health bars due to the way it functions in that game (like Sap, in FFXII). Still, for lengthy battles, it is worth sticking.

Blog Entries

I see many people say poison is worthless. I don't think it's all too bad and helps quite a bit. There is something I think is pointless but others may have use for it... http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Poisona Poisona! I mean we got Esuna why would we need a spell for just 1 status alignment. I don't use it ever.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    I see many people say poison is worthless. I don't think it's all too bad and helps quite a bit. There is something I think is pointless but others may have use for it... http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Poisona Poisona! I mean we got Esuna why would we need a spell for just 1 status alignment. I don't use it ever.
    Not to mention you can buy a potion for curing that for pennies on the Gil, not to mention it is a common enemy drop.

Isn't one of the black magic spells in FF9 actually officially broken? I think it's "Comet"? Or did I just not understand how it worked.