Thread: The Hateful Eight

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default The Hateful Eight

Here's a trailer for the new Tarantino film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRbXn4-Yis

If it's anything like his last two films it will be self-indulgent, far too long and yet will still be great. Curse you Tarantino!

I still like Jackie Brown the most out of his films though.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice!

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Super excited for this. The only Tarantino film I am not particularly fond of is Deathproof. He can do little wrong by me, so I am stoked.

Looks bad. I like QT, but this trailer makes the movie look like it has a real troutty premise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

QT has never made a film that was anything less than really really damn good, Death Proof and Jackie Brown included, so I'm extremely excited for this. Especially with Sam Jackson and Tim Roth. YES!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    hQT has never made a film tat was anything less than really really damn good, Death Proof and Jackie Brown included
    Objectively false. Death Proof was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was two hours of almost nothing important or even interesting happening. I go into a Tarantino movie expecting some amount of self satisfied, bulltrout, exposition that never seems to end, but this was a 3 minute movie surrounded by about two hours of that. It actually managed to almost kill any desire I had to watch a Tarantino movie since. I put off watching Inglourious Basterds for almost a year because it was that bad.

The premise of the film looks interesting, and it has a good cast. Bruce Dern in particular will likely be awesome based on his past roles and acting ability.

What I actually look forward to the most in this film, however, is the score by Ennio Morricone. Not only does Tarantino finally break his age-old tradition by actually having an original score composed for his film this time around, but this will also be Morricone's first western score in like 40 years or so. The master is finally back in the saddle after a long wait.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki