Thread: Which character has the worst limit breaks?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Which character has the worst limit breaks?

Personally, I find a lot of Aerith's redundant or just plain useless but at least they tend to suit her skill set and stats.

I rarely use Vincent's limits since you can't control them and frankly they're a pain in the ass, especially with a lot of the bosses requiring more complex strategies.

Tifa's are of limited usefulness against many monsters and Cait Sith's can be a risk that aren't worth it with the exception of higher-leveled Dice.

However, Barret wins(?) on Mindblow alone.

Which character has the worst Limits?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cait Sith's limits, are worth it, in my eyes. I don't care if one of them can kill you, I don't think it's ever happened to me. Once he learns "Slots" he becomes a common fixture in my party, because I love using that limit.

I didn't really like that you couldn't control Vincent's limits, but I suppose you were right to mention Barrett's "Mind Blow" as I rarely use it.

Tifa's Final Heaven is kind of on there, simply because I have never gotten her to do it.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 10-16-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Red XIII's, most can't pull off the same level of damage as other characters Limits and his status ones are situational at best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Red XIII's, most can't pull off the same level of damage as other characters Limits and his status ones are situational at best.
    Yeah Red XIII doesn't really have great limit breaks. Cosmo Memory is good but it's just a powerful all attack.

Here is how I rate limits from worst to least.

Vincent - No control = no fun
    Cait Sith - Too Random, makes it unpredictable
    Red XIII - Not enough power
    Aeris - Fun but after disk 1 they drop.
    Tifa - cause 7 hits isn't enough
    Barret - They start to improve!
    Yuffie - Doom of the Living = Good Limit
    Cid - Level 3 and 4 are full of awesomeness
    Cloud - Who doesn't like Omnislash?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

I don't really like Cait Sith ones'. They are too random.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dunno, I guess I never used Vincents

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm really not a fan on anything that takes control of my characters from me, weather it be berserker style limit breaks or AI controled characters. Hence I'm not very partial to Vincent.

I also feel that in general Aries's limit breaks are somewhat lackluster. I don't rely on a lucky limit to keep myself safe, I try to make sure that is always taken care of on my own. Bonus damage is nice though.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I used Vincent on my first playthrough ever when the game was new, and his limits weren't bad. You had to time them right. That being said, I can understand how being unable to control his character can be a pain if you are in a difficult battle (which is only really vs the weapons since they're the only hard fights). I used to have Tifa's timing down well enough to hit "Yeah" on all of her reels, and she's the only character with a multi-hit attack for a long time thanks to her limit break system so I'd rank her fairly high even if she's not a top 3 at the end of the game itself. Regarding her it comes down to a matter of perspective of comparing all limit breaks at the end of the game vice using them as you progress though the game as well.

For worst, I would probably go with Vincent, Barret, or Aeris. Aeris had only 3 good limits from what I remember, Barret's lv4 was good but not as good as others, and Vincent's limits have already been broken down.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Cait Sith. Completely random, 99% of which outcomes are utter useless tripe. I also hate how he's the oddball, who doesn't have four levels or a license or any of that. In fact, now that I think about it, he's the one character I NEVER use except for those few brief moments that the game forces you to do so, and his useless limit breaks are probably why.

My second in line would be Vincent though. You can't control him, and the first major boss you fight after getting him actually gets healed by one of his limit breaks that he does without your consent, and boy does he love to do it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm not sure. I never did like Cait Sith's limit breaks because of how random they were. I love Aerith's though because she could heal the party. Just sucked after she died.