Thread: Visual C++ Runtime Error

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Question Visual C++ Runtime Error

When I try to load a iso on PCSX2 1.2.1, I get a Visual C++ Runtime Error & it crashes. Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions?
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 08-16-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I uninstalled the VC++ that came w/ the emulator, then reinstalled it (along w/ the 64-bit version) from Microsoft. I, however, still get the error. Am I missing something? The two versions that came pre-installed w/ my computer were the 2010 (x86) & (x64). I also failed to mention that I'm running 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not to cop out, but I'd try their forums or bug list. The devs there should probably know which VC++ redistributable you need for the software. Different projects built with Visual C++ potentially require different redistributable packages, so it's a bit of a crapshoot trying to guess.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Not to cop out, but I'd try their forums or bug list. The devs there should probably know which VC++ redistributable you need for the software. Different projects built with Visual C++ potentially require different redistributable packages, so it's a bit of a crapshoot trying to guess.
    I think it was there forum where I got the link to Microsoft's site. I probably need to dig a little deeper.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yesterday I downloaded a directx End-User Runtime web installer to get my snes9x to work & I think it fixed what was wrong w/ the PCSX2 as well.

I just opened it after tinkering w/ the graphics settings & it worked. Then I tried it w/ the default plug-in & it worked again, so I think what I downloaded yesterday was what helped.

Thanks, though, shoe for suggesting to look more into their site, because I looked around & did find a guide that explains the settings/plug-ins.