Thread: Fallout Equestria

Default Fallout Equestria

http://nichegamer.com/2015/08/fallou...fan-made-game/

There are some dedicated fans out there.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. People latch onto things and just won't let them go.

Blog Entries

whats all the hubbub with my little pony? Isn't it a little girls show? people boggle my mind.

Yes, it's a show for little girls. There are some elements of the show that indicate it was made by adults with some sense of awareness, and a small subset of the Internet population has ridden that detail well beyond its inherent value.

At this point it's become representative of a larger subculture that really has nothing to do with the actual show and has tenuous links to it at best. There are still actual ponies around, but it's really about solidarity with other like-minded people. People which, for the sake of forum decor, I will just say that I couldn't really have less in common with.

...I think you are taking this thing far more seriously then ANYONE else either involved or interested in this.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This garbage is the reason I can no longer browse DeviantArt for Fallout fanart and inspiration. These hacks have ruined everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    ...I think you are taking this thing far more seriously then ANYONE else either involved or interested in this.
    I think you vastly underestimate the MLP fanbase.

Perhaps you should just avoid going to Tumblr.

And here I was hoping for a Fallout 1 or 2 with ponies and with those glorious isometric graphics until I clicked the link. I guess the first two titles are too old school for people who were only introduced to the Fallout series when Fallout 3 was released.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Blog Entries

As somebody who's never watched an episode of that show in his life, I remember finding it mildly amusing noticing that even though a few years ago it happened to be this thing that seemed to have gripped the entire internet, after a while - when it became associated with neckbeards, fedoras and autism - people have since been falling over themselves to deny all interest in it and swear they never read that pony fanfiction. The MLP megathread in this very forum documents this over time.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    The MLP megathread in this very forum documents this over time.
    Indeed it does...
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Was this true for any of you guys? It was for me.

Blog Entries

i don't even

there was a picture here

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Whatever makes 'em happy. I think it's simply a culture that's given people a place to belong to. Now it's less about the show, and more about being a part of that community.

I tried watching an episode or two after hearing all the hype and was pretty bored with it.

Oh you guys. It's a fanbase like any other, just like what we have here.

This fan project in particular has quite a storied history as I understand it. I think it started out basically as a fan novel - just one of the most ambitious and complete works of fanfiction ever created. Apparently it was so good it spawned it's own fanbase and people started making derivative works of it. On the forum I'm on (yes, I like MLP dun dun duuun) there was a RP thread dedicated to the Fallout: Equestria universe.

I don't know the novel so I can't verify, but I assume this game is based off the same lore. So we have a giant derivative game based off a giant derivative novel based off a mash-up of a TV show and a video game. You could never do this back in the Commodore 64 days I tell ya...