Thread: FFVI remastered?

Blog Entries

Default FFVI remastered?

I'd love to see this game remastered so I could really get into it. Anyone ever hear of any discussion from Square about that? What are your thoughts on it being redone like many other older FFs have?

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Why would Squate-Enix break the habit of a lifetime.

I suspect we will get some iOS derivative within the next year or two, ported to steam and then PSN. It will happen, just a matter of when.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nomura mentioned during one of the VII Remake interviews that he hoped to see FFV and VI get a remake as well. There were talks several years ago about doing a remake of V and VI for the DS but they ran into technical issues due to the size of the games. The DS wasn't powerful enough. I'm sure they'll get remakes eventually, but when is anyone's guess. It doesn't help that interviews have suggested that a remake is up to the original director to get green lighted. With Sakaguchi gone, that leaves Kitase in charge of whether FFV will get a remake and Kitase and Ito for FFVI. Problem is that Ito doesn't seem like the type who wants to revisit old games and would prefer to make new ones and Kitase has never shy away from the fact he's only really interested in VII and X as they were his favorite entries he worked on. Ironically, it will probably Nomura who will push for both games to get redone since they are two of his earliest games he worked on for Square.

Even if both games got green lit for remakes/remasters, I don't really believe they would get the same level of passion put into them like the FFIII/IV/and VII remakes did/will.

I'd really love to see a remake of FFVI on the PS4 in HD with beautiful graphics. It's an amazing game and it deserves it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    FFVI iOS/Android exists already.
    well that doesn't help anyone because phone games are horrible also, I want updated graphics and stuff.

I really hope VI gets an update. I was never able to get into the game but obviously there's a lot of people who absolutely love the game. I think and update would help me get into it more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It does have updated graphics, though. Seriously, say what you will about V< but the iOS version of VI is pretty friggin' cool.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I personally wouldn't mind seeing this story with a giant facelift. It could be fun to explore again.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I didn't know an iOS version of VI existed. Ha. As far as I am concerned then, they have remastered the game.

Blog Entries

I'd really like it if the world of FFVI could be explored a bit more. Even though it's one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, when I look at the intro they produced for the PSX version, my concept of the game's world totally changes, and it'd be nice to see that world explored in-game. At the same time, I don't know if I'm really okay with remaking the game outright unless there's enough about it that's different that makes it a new experience. On one hand it would be really cool to see all the concept artwork brought back to life, but I'd also like to see other artists' interpretations of the game's world. That's part of why I'm really happy that FFVII is being reimagined rather than being remade outright.

Blog Entries

So, I got the Steam version of VI. I was pleasantly surprised by what they did with it. I with the world map was a bit more 3-D but otherwise I like the upgrades