Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear the Walking Dead

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I feel like I would be that weird kid, Tobias. "Saw it on the internet" and "they'll hit these other places first. Raiding the school makes sense."

Also I realized that heroin kid is actually Tom Riddle from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

I don't really think they should be hanging out with Tom Riddle. That's bad news.

The riot outside sounds scary. I can't imagine living in an area that actually has things like that, minus the zombies of course.

Also, why are all teenagers brats? Well besides Weird kid Tobias.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I got Madison again on story sync.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Same story sync results as 2 weeks ago. Glad to have the show back after our week off.

I was curious about one thing. Why would you bury a dead body in your back yard if you're still at the point where you think this is an illness that can be turned around? Since they still think society can get a handle on this, it seems like they would just leave it out back for the "clean up crew" whenever the time would come for that. I mean, it's a good thing they buried it. It seems like the military will be hostile to anyone who's come close to the infected.

Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 09-14-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Poor asian dude. Comes home and his wife is a zombie.

Travis is going to have to get over the whole killing zombies thing. He's lucky The Shop guy who's name I can't remember was there. Although that guy needs to stop being a jerk too. Like, your wife is injured and these people want to help, GO WITH THEM. I think he must have been part of some type of military or resistance or something back in el salvador. Dude knows how guns work a little TOO well.

I like how the ex wife (forgot her name too) was trying to make peace and be all "we need to be strong for our kids" and Madison is like "Nahhh I want you to kill me mm kay?" And she's all wtf woman? and slowly backs away

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have too many shows and not enough time. This year I'm going to trim the fat a little. Fear the Walking Dead, you're on the bubble. I haven't watched episode 3 but this is the last chance I'm giving you. I have to be strict about this. My kids need me more.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well ep 3 is pretty good! Plus Fear season 1 is only supposed to have like 6 episodes so it isn't too much to watch.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Since we're now halfway through the season and we've got a grasp on our main characters, I thought I'd make some death predictions. I'll go from left to right with this picture. I'll be interested to see where I'm either right or dead wrong.

Alycia: If a key part of this show is going to be the brother/sister relationship, I can see her making it a long time. However, there's always the chance she could go and check on her boyfriend again...

Nick: I think Nick is going to be a lifer on the show. They show him struggling with drugs but I think a big part of his arc will be how he overcomes his problems in the face of the apocalypse. His comments on the infected and how to deal with them has been spot on more than the other characters, aside from Tobias.

Madison: I think there's a chance she could go early on. She seems to be the character that everyone in her family depends on the most, and that could bite them in a hard way, and also force the extended family to come closer together. She tells Liza "If I turn, don't make Travis shoot me", but this sounds like foreshadowing to me.

Travis: I think Travis will last a while. They're portraying him as a pacifist, but instead of that being something that kills him off early, I think it's something he'll overcome and move beyond as a character.

Liza: I think if Madison dies early, than Liza will last a long time and vice versa. I don't think they'll have both mother figures as series regulars unless they spend time creating a Shane style love triangle like Walking Dead season two.

Chris: I think Chris could go early on. They'll establish Nick as the resident teen anti-hero, and Chris doesn't seem the type to follow direction, as seen by his interactions with his father. This'll get him into trouble.

Daniel: I'm on the fence. He's knowledgeable about struggles and knows how to use a gun, but I think his stubborn attitude could get him into some unwanted disaster territory.

Griselda: With the accident that just happened with her leg, she'll either be the first of our group to turn, or they'll take the leg off and she'll become a Hershel type of figure.

Ofelia: I think she'll last a long time. She's rebellious but in a good way, like "hey, let's follow the people who seem to have a plan".

I feel like there's going to be a bunch of upsets with this series. I don't really want there to be, but I do know that The Walking Dead has already done most of these things... and hopefully they're smart enough not to tell the same story twice with different characters at a different time.

That said, I do believe that there won't be a death in the group until the season finale, right at the end.

I love the show so far...Nick is definitely my favorite. I can't wait until it really gets into the zombies and such though...the beginning was a little slow, but to be fair it was the beginning of the outbreak so it makes sense. I'm hoping that somewhere along the way the FTWD and TWD will merge...maybe not forever, but maybe they cross paths at some point? I can't wait to see where they take this show...very cool.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I got Madison again on story sync.

Alright, one episode later and i'm already feeling kinda sketchy on my predictions. I'd say this is my favorite episode of the series so far.

When Madison started slapping the hell out of Nick I thought "yes!". No more timidly approaching the issue of addiction, he needs to get in gear. I listen to a couple Walking Dead podcasts and there was at least one person who predicted the "enough is enough" slap, so it'll be funny to listen to podcasts after this episode and hearing "I called it!".

Madison leaving the gates was a big eye opener. When she came across the dead body with a gun close to its hand, it meant that the military was shooting every civilian and not just the infected. When you're dealing with a herd during a potential apocalypse, that's sadly an immoral but justified move on their part.

When they said they were taking sick people to the hospital I thought that was just code for taking them off somewhere to die. Once they took Nick & Liza I wasn't so sure anymore.

Ofelia is very resourceful. I think the only reason she's making out with that guy is to get meds. I think she'll try to sweet talk him some more so the group can get details on the hospital location.

There were several shots of the characters checking out the reflective mirror in the distance. At the end of the episode when shots are fired, I wonder if the survivor was shooting at zombies or if the survivor was being shot at by the military.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think that it was the military who shot. Cause he had told that one dude about it and then later he sees the light get shot.

I'm wondering where they are taking them. I don't think it's a hospital. I mean it could be but if they are killing people off for just being outside of the safe zone, then why would they save the hurt people?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Episode 5 will be called Cobalt, which interestingly enough was the code name of the show before we knew it would be called Fear the Walking Dead. Maybe it's also the name of this facility they're taking people to?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ooo things got interesting. I think the military guys let their commander guy die in there cause he was a jerk.

Also what's with the smooth talking guy in the cage with nick? He seems interesting. I also like that Chris is actually seeing how screwed up it's gotten.

ALSO ALSO wth Daniel straight up tortured that guy like it was whatever.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I ALSO got ofelia! We lived I guess, crying in the front lawn, but living.