Thread: The Talos Principle

Default The Talos Principle

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads...-_screen_1.jpg

Has anyone played this game? I've just started and have gone through some of the first numbered "worlds."
    It's an absolutely refreshing puzzle game. The storytelling reminds me completely of the OG Deus Ex. The level of philosophical, existential narrative they put in this is brilliant. Also reminds me the parts of Chrono Trigger/Cross that went deep into the mythology like Chronopolis, End of Time, etc. Check it out if you haven't, I think this will become a game of the year once its gets more well known.

Great part of a review I found for it on wikipedia said: "Alexander Bruce, creator of puzzle game Antichamber, commented: "Man. The Talos Principle was so excellent. My god. I loved it. Holy trout.[...]"

I played through the "hardware demo" that they released a while before the game came out, and it moved the game to the top of my wishlist. But I haven't managed to get it yet.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Picked it up as it was on sale over the weekend. Really enjoying it to so far. I especially love the internet chat room style arguments that go on in some of the QR codes. A nice splash of humour which is refreshing after a brain scratcher puzzle, or the sassy library clerk being... sassy.

Those cheeky red sigil levels are driving me nuts. I get sooo clooose and then theyre like nope, go back bitch and get that jammer here too. and i do eet, for elohim.

the deep emails are super interesting. I had an idea for a game that had this exact same theme, glad to see it being realized before my very eyes.

and if anyone noticed, the "gate" opening/closing sound sounds exactly like the chrono trigger timegates sound
    Last edited by McLovin'; 08-20-2015 at 05:11 AM.