Thread: The Flaming Amarant Appreciation Thread

Default The Flaming Amarant Appreciation Thread

So I just beat the FFIX hard mod I was playing. I rolled with a team of Zidane, Eiko, Amarant and Freya. The latter two I came to appreciate a lot more in this run than I did back in the day. Not only for their gameplay usages but their characters too.

In fact, I kinda ship Amarant and Freya now... They always get scenes together and they even hang out together on the Invincible...

With Power Throw Amarant does some great damage. Let it be known that it was a Wing Edge that helped me scrape out a victory against the crazy Necron from this mod.
    And earlier on he got Trance so I was able to get Aura on everyone. That was also a...well, a lifesaver.

I know what his actual name is but I never did find out how to get it in the game. So he's Amarant to me.

Blog Entries

He's a good character. I enjoyed putting him in battle for his famous Chakra ability. He has a good attack and he heals so yeah, go Amarant!
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I like what a miseryguts he is - FFIX really is a great ensemble piece.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

"They call me the Flaming Gay."

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

it was Amarant throwing Wing Edges that won me the battle against Ozma in my first play. I loved his theme too