Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII on iOS. Yes, this is real.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Final Fantasy VII on iOS. Yes, this is real.

Square Enix announced today that a port of the PC version of Final Fantasy VII was released today with the latest Apple Store update. This version, for the iPhone and iPad with iOS version 8.0 and up, will feature touch controls and an option to turn of random encounters (speed run, anyone?). There is also the option to max out your stats automatically, in case playing the game becomes a hassle. Actually, considering that it has touch controls, that could possibly happen.

The best thing, though, may be the inclusion of the Final Fantasy Portal App. Included with this app is none other than the greatest Final Fantasy side game of all time, Triple Triad. Yes, an official Triple Triad right on your phone!

Another port of Final Fantasy VII will be released later this year on the Playstation 4. Unfortunately, these will have to hold us over until the remake is completed in a year (decade) or two.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'll pass on this. I have an iPhone but it's only a 5C and is TERRIBLE for memory. I'll wait for the port of the PC version to hit PS4. Even though I have it on PS3. SE can take my money and put it towards making FFVII Remake great xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    There is also the option to max out your stats automatically, in case playing the game becomes a hassle. Actually, considering that it has touch controls, that could possibly happen.
    I nearly died. Because it's SO TRUE.

Personally, although I think this is pretty cool, it's also completely useless to me since I'm Android. (Kindle Android, at that, so I can't even play Record Keeper.) Those new features are kind of neat for speedrun/millionth-playthrough purposes though, and I'm a bit envious of that Triple Triad app.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welp, after browsing through the AppStore I can tell you for sure that this is not available in Europe yet :\

Hmmmm... How about Android? XD
    I'm aware that iOS can be dev-friendly, but...
    Damn, Android has a bigger userbase than iOS!
    I was very angry when Magic Duels Origins was released on iOS first... many MTG players were angry too...

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

lol some people around the internet whining about the level-up feature making the game easy

don't use it

also the ps1 had the gameshark, don't act like like this is a kids-these-days thing

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

SE usually releases their mobile titles on iOS first, but don't worry, it's probably coming to Android soon too.

It was the reverse with FFVI, though. Interesting...

I might get this because my psp is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Welp, after browsing through the AppStore I can tell you for sure that this is not available in Europe yet :\
    Bugger !

Blog Entries

I've played quite a few games with touch controls and I'm actually pretty decent with them! I got 97 stars in Super Mario 64 on a touch screen, and I finished Final Fantasies 4 and 5 on touch screens too. And when I walk to school I have to go up a hill both ways!

Anywho, I'm not really big on apple products so I'll be passing on this anyway, and if there's ever an android port I'll pass on that too because of reasons. () But I think it's pretty clear that they're doing their best to capitalize on FF7 remake hype, and I'm okay with that. I'm tempted to start doing Let's Plays just because of the FF7 remake hype, admittedly.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I might get this because my psp is broken.

Bugger !
    Heads up! It's out now

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That's odd that it isn't available in Europe. It is available in multiple European languagse (German, French, etc.) & I know it was released in, of all places, New Zealand.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, like I said - it is available now, it just took some hours for some weird reason. I mean, you get a lot of things faster than us but dang it, we get the day pass by faster so why dis? SE why you take away our single privilege?

Well, like I said - it is available now, it just took some hours for some weird reason. I mean, you get a lot of things faster than us but dang it, we get the day pass by faster so why dis? SE why you take away our single privilege?
    It could've been so much worse though. I mean didn't it take six-seven months for Euro to get Kingdom Hearts 2 ? Imagine waiting seven months for a port.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    It could've been so much worse though. I mean didn't it take six-seven months for Euro to get Kingdom Hearts 2 ? Imagine waiting seven months for a port.
    That used to be the norm.

The norm before that was getting it never.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I wonder if the PS4 version of this port will have these new features?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>