Thread: Any good ways to feel immersed in the world of Eorzea without playing the game?

Blog Entries

Default Any good ways to feel immersed in the world of Eorzea without playing the game?

Hey all!

So, I really, really dig this game's world, but I don't feel like I really have the time or money to commit to playing it. (Even though I love all of you and love being on the FB group! ) Plus, I don't have a good enough computer and no PS4. So I was curious what ways you all might suggest if I want to be immersed in the game's world without actually playing it! Are there Let's Players for this game? And if so, who are the best ones? Would watching the cutscenes give me a good grasp of the game's world? Is there any good fan fiction, and if so, where? What do, EoFF?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Get the PS3 version then
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think Jessweeee♪ sometimes streams it. ^^ I don't think there is an effective way to be immersed in the world without actually playing it though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Get the PS3 version then
    No PS3, and still no time or money. Thank you though, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think Jessweeee♪ sometimes streams it. ^^ I don't think there is an effective way to be immersed in the world without actually playing it though.
    Aw, darn. Thanks anywho!

Quote Originally Posted by KentaRawr! View Post
    Hey all!

So, I really, really dig this game's world, but I don't feel like I really have the time or money to commit to playing it. (Even though I love all of you and love being on the FB group! ) Plus, I don't have a good enough computer and no PS4. So I was curious what ways you all might suggest if I want to be immersed in the game's world without actually playing it! Are there Let's Players for this game? And if so, who are the best ones? Would watching the cutscenes give me a good grasp of the game's world? Is there any good fan fiction, and if so, where? What do, EoFF?
    Hey Kent, here is a link that you can check out:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...short_stories/

There are a couple of official short stories that have been released (Tales from the Calamity and Tales from the Dragonsong War). I hope this helps!!!