Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst leader ever!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not terribly clued up with Australian politics: remind me what's wrong with Abbott again?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some of his more famous sayings and policies have been about how women are better served as being at home in a kitchen instead of in the workplace, he's fiercely anti-LGBT, since his 'stop the boats' (stop illegal immigrants from making it into Australia) our detention centers have been overflowing and on more than a few occasions the living conditions in those camps have received human rights violations from the likes of Oxfam and other such organisations, he's been trying to dredge over parts of the Great Barrier Reef (which is a world heritage listed site), he's forced closure of remote indigenous housing so that the areas that they live on can be mined, he's imposed a tax on women's sanitary products despite the fact that there is not supposed to be taxes on 'essential items', his changes to our National Broadband Plan still keep us way behind in the world rankings for internet speeds despite it finally looking like we were set to make some progress on that front, he's also put forward a plan which deems a lot of people who are suffering from mental and physical disability as "fit to work", and he keeps cutting funds from our ABC and SBS channels despite stating in his campaign explicitly that they would receive no cuts.

There's more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Some of his more famous sayings and policies have been about how women are better served as being at home in a kitchen instead of in the workplace, he's fiercely anti-LGBT, since his 'stop the boats' (stop illegal immigrants from making it into Australia) our detention centers have been overflowing and on more than a few occasions the living conditions in those camps have received human rights violations from the likes of Oxfam and other such organisations, he's been trying to dredge over parts of the Great Barrier Reef (which is a world heritage listed site), he's forced closure of remote indigenous housing so that the areas that they live on can be mined, he's imposed a tax on women's sanitary products despite the fact that there is not supposed to be taxes on 'essential items', his changes to our National Broadband Plan still keep us way behind in the world rankings for internet speeds despite it finally looking like we were set to make some progress on that front, he's also put forward a plan which deems a lot of people who are suffering from mental and physical disability as "fit to work", and he keeps cutting funds from our ABC and SBS channels despite stating in his campaign explicitly that they would receive no cuts.

There's more.
    Yeah, he seems a bloody terrible leader on many kinds of levels. Why did people vote for this guy? Didn't you guys have Julia Gillard before? She seemed okay?

Articles
    Blog Entries

She was extremely disliked and just one of those 'nothing' PMs

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    She was extremely disliked and just one of those 'nothing' PMs
    Do you guys have any luck with PMs?

Articles
    Blog Entries

As much as I disliked him in some areas you can't argue that John Howard didn't keep the country functioning well and his policies were never outright disgusting like the ones I listed of Abbott's. Also, Gough Whitlam was a smurfing champion.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

John Key has allowed post-earthquake Christchurch to languish, and is trying to rush through the TPPA while distracting the population with unnecessary talk of a new flag. He illegally spied on Kim Dotcom after passing the Government Communications Security Bureau. Despite being elected three times, he's steering the country downhill and wasting a lot of opportunities.

Other than his politics, he acts like a bully and a child. He once told a radio presenter that his shirt was "too gay", this year a waitress complained that he harassed her by coming into her cafe and pulling her hair for months as "a joke", and while visiting a school assembly recently made a student cry by saying that the Maori language was boring and NZers don't to learn it.

Blog Entries

Wales has only had three leaders (unless you want to go back to my old mate Grufydd ap Llewelyn in the 9th century) so there isn't much to choose from. They've all been Labour members and they all spent their time enacting bulltrout 'headline-grabbing' laws to make people think that the devolved Welsh Government actually has any kind of real ability to change anything. Then when it all goes wrong they blame London.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

So this has been going on today. Absolutely sickening attempt at racial profiling by our government which was promptly quashed after a massive amount of internet backlash and protesters who took to the streets of Melbourne. I did warn you that there was more.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...-melbourne-cbd

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-2...celled/6733008

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Ronald W. Reagan is by far the worst human being to ever grace the earth. He literally gave birth to al Qaida through his rectum, destroyed an already shaky economy & gave prominence to the modern Republican Party. He was a major league butt buddy to the already mentioned Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher.

Richard Milhous Nixon was a saint compared to that vile heathen. Andrew Jackson may have committed genocide, but even that pales in comparison to the long lasting atrocities of The Gipper (my apologies to the Native American communities).

George W. Bush is the spiritual offspring of that vicious ape. Probably a 1.5 to Reagan's #1 Asshole ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Ronald W. Reagan is by far the worst human being to ever grace the earth. He literally gave birth to al Qaida through his rectum, destroyed an already shaky economy & gave prominence to the modern Republican Party. He was a major league butt buddy to the already mentioned Iron Lady, Margaret Thatcher.

Richard Milhous Nixon was a saint compared to that vile heathen. Andrew Jackson may have committed genocide, but even that pales in comparison to the long lasting atrocities of The Gipper (my apologies to the Native American communities).

George W. Bush is the spiritual offspring of that vicious ape. Probably a 1.5 to Reagan's #1 Asshole ranking.
    I don't get it...are you saying you LIKE Ronald Reagan?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lawr View Post
    Hey dude I think you missed the point of the thread almost entirely!
    Classic Steve.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So... this happened:

Australian Leader Tony Abbott ousted by Malcolm Turnbull after MPs vote

Say farewell to another terrible leader Australia!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Malcolm Turnbull isn't much better and I would have preferred Abbott have to face a public vote in the next election. It will still be nice to see him lose his seat, but not nearly as satisfying as watching him lead his party into a defeat.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Liberal party tries to spin this considering the amount of negative press they churned out when the Labor party did this exact same thing a few years back.