Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst leader ever!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Worst leader ever!

With a US election coming up and Australia currently under the 'leadership' of what is most certainly the biggest joke of a PM we've ever had, it inspired me to see who everyone thought was their particular country's worst President/PM/etc ever.

Here is a video of Tony Abbott to get you in the mood.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bush. Bush. Of course Bush.

probably Nixon but for the sake of my lifetime I have to go with Bush

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Andrew Kelly was the worst leader we ever had. There were only ever two of us in the gang. As a six-year-old, I didn't fully understand my role in the party. My main responsibilities appeared to be giving Andrew all of my football stickers.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's difficult to really discern this since there are certain President's whose policy's I'm against (Bush Jr./FDR/Andrew Jackson) but in terms of causing the most damage to the U.S. probably James Buchanan. The President who stood by and did absolutely nothing to quell the early signs of the Civil War and just let it escalate to the conflict that still defines most of the problems in the country today.

If I didn't say Margaret Thatcher, the northern side of my family would hunt me down.

In all honesty, she was a pretty terrible PM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    If I didn't say Margaret Thatcher, the northern side of my family would hunt me down.

In all honesty, she was a pretty terrible PM.
    Every person from the UK I've ever talked to and Thatcher came up in a conversation either said she was pure evil Satan Incarnate who was the worst PM ever or say she was the greatest thing that ever happened and they love her forever.

They either love or loathe her. I've never heard any of them say "Oh yeah, Margaret Thatcher. She was...meh, she was alright."
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I work in a pharmacy and 99% of the time someone tells me "Thanks, Obama" they're referring to something that started with Nixon.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I work in a pharmacy and 99% of the time someone tells me "Thanks, Obama" they're referring to something that started with Nixon.
    Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've pointed out to people complaining about "Obamaphones" that Safelink, the first provider of said phones, has been around since Bush was president and life line subsidizes phone services originated while Reagan was president in the 80s.

It goes in one ear and out the other.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    With a US election coming up and Australia currently under the 'leadership' of what is most certainly the biggest joke of a PM we've ever had, it inspired me to see who everyone thought was their particular country's worst President/PM/etc ever.

Here is a video of Tony Abbott to get you in the mood.

Woah I can't believe that guy's in charge of an entire continent. Oh well, I guess that's what some good ol' Quetiapine will do to ya!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nixon's damage to the status of the Presidency was pretty severe, but outside of that he was just a pretty average bad President, a heap of bad stuff, some of it his fault and some not, but a few good things redeem him, most notable in the international sphere, where he was a genuinely extremely skilled operator.

Reagan and Thatcher are 100% deserving of having their graves defiled though. Thatcher at least had a degree of competence in her brazenly evil policies, and she did admittedly navigate the Falklands War very well, but that's it. Everything else either of them did was absolutely terrible to the point that a dispassionate eye could only conclude the damage done to the US and UK, respectively, was so great (and remains ongoing), that it must be called, without hyperbole, treasonous.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry but Thatcher was far from the worst leader ever. I mean lets stop being pathetic and saying Tony Abbot or Bush or even Blair's incompetence was bad. Let's get past the union crushing (frankly at the time, the unions needed it and I'm working class and I say it. They need another good crushing now too imho, especially the unions for the Tube) and wars that countries were ill prepared to fight and get to the real gritty stuff.

There's 2 names whom immediately come to mind:

Adolf Hitler

Josef Stalin

Both did irreparable damage to their countries reputations. They committed mass murder on the scale of Genocide. They were not considerate to a major part of their governed population and hypocritical in their execution of their vile plans.

Do we really need to argue this more?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^ Well the reason why you're not hearing Stalin or Hitler largely stems from the OP saying they wanted to know who we thought was the worst leader of our own countries.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    ^ Well the reason why you're not hearing Stalin or Hitler largely stems from the OP saying they wanted to know who we thought was the worst leader of our own countries.
    Yep, that was the original intention.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    It's actually amazing that people still say that with complete sincerity still.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Sorry but Thatcher was far from the worst leader ever. I mean lets stop being pathetic and saying Tony Abbot or Bush or even Blair's incompetence was bad. Let's get past the union crushing (frankly at the time, the unions needed it and I'm working class and I say it. They need another good crushing now too imho, especially the unions for the Tube) and wars that countries were ill prepared to fight and get to the real gritty stuff.

There's 2 names whom immediately come to mind:

Adolf Hitler

Josef Stalin

Both did irreparable damage to their countries reputations. They committed mass murder on the scale of Genocide. They were not considerate to a major part of their governed population and hypocritical in their execution of their vile plans.

Do we really need to argue this more?
    Hey dude I think you missed the point of the thread almost entirely!
    placeholder_text.jpeg