Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur, yeah!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was introduced to this series through my brother who owned Soul Blade and loved it. Absolutely loved it. Didn't play another entry again until Soul Calibur III. Fell in love with their single player campaign where you make your own character. Think I played that more than any other mode. Also loved tinkering around with custom characters. There were so many different options to choose from. I agree that SCIV is where everything went sour. Still haven't played my copy of SCII yet. I have the PS2 version. One of the few instances where I'd like to get the game for every system. Just need to see if Xbox SCII is one of the games that will play on the 360.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I love Soul Caliber, last one I had was V.

and after I get a PS4, I will certainly get their latest title. It's always a good multiplayer game to have - which means I just love to challenge unwilling guests. My mains from V were Taki, Ivy and Viola, but I generally like to compete close combat and get some strong kicks in there. I did quite well at memorising Ivy's moves.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Taki wasn't in V!

I mained Mitsurugi after they decided to axe both Cassandra and Kilik, my main characters in the games up until then.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

All of my main characters keep coming and going. I was a fan until number 4 which is one of the only games I've ever traded in. And if my girlfriend hadn't already owned SCV I wouldn't hace ever bothered trying that

They made Sophitia and Sueng Mina unlockable and then took them out. I switched to Talim and she's gone now too. Pretty much done with the series now. Screw 'em

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I'm pretty miffed at the state of the series right now too, but I'd probably buy a tekken tag-like SC on day one if they made one (and didn't put a bunch of BS into it).

I just can't understand how they could justify removing 5 styles and then introduce an additional two sword+shield styles, right after they said the reason they removed seong mina was because she was too similar to kilik.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sad at the current state of the series, but not surprised. I had a feeling things were going downhill at IV.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Things were definitely going downhills in 4, but I felt pretty confident that they could learn from the mistakes and make 5 better. And I guess it kinda was better, i mean objectively, from a gameplay point of view. I just don't like meter fighters, and i missed way to many character/styles

I'd be glad with even a HD version of SC3. That's the version I was the best at.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Taki wasn't in V!

I mained Mitsurugi after they decided to axe both Cassandra and Kilik, my main characters in the games up until then.
    Gah, you're right. Getting mixed up.

They axxed cassendra? Pretty glad about that - not take Sophia aswell?, but Kilik was boss!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You're glad they axed cassandra? You're a horrible monster.

Anyway, there are two new sword + shield users. They're both Sophitia's kids because this is a 17 year time leap thingie game. They play sort of like if you scrambled together cassandra and sophitia and added a bit of spice then cut the whole thing in two again. It's not horrible, but neither of them is cassandra or sophitia. Kilik is replaced by another dude with a staff that also plays completely different. Seong Mina is gone entirely, so is Rock, and also Zasalamel. Yun Seong is gone as well. Almost none of the new characters have any sort of back story or personality.

Kilik is there, but in name only. He's a sort of edgemaster. There is a new character that looks exactly like sophitia too, but she's actually some sort of spiritual being that took her form and is also just an edgemaster type of character.

I'm not gonna say anything about the pay2win game they released after 5.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You're glad they axed cassandra? You're a horrible monster.

Anyway, there are two new sword + shield users. They're both Sophitia's kids because this is a 17 year time leap thingie game. They play sort of like if you scrambled together cassandra and sophitia and added a bit of spice then cut the whole thing in two again. It's not horrible, but neither of them is cassandra or sophitia. Kilik is replaced by another dude with a staff that also plays completely different. Seong Mina is gone entirely, so is Rock, and also Zasalamel. Yun Seong is gone as well. Almost none of the new characters have any sort of back story or personality.

Kilik is there, but in name only. He's a sort of edgemaster. There is a new character that looks exactly like sophitia too, but she's actually some sort of spiritual being that took her form and is also just an edgemaster type of character.

I'm not gonna say anything about the pay2win game they released after 5.
    XD the two girls REALLY annoyed me, Cassandra and Sophitia. And I could never win a battle as either of them!

I liked Seong Mina too so thats sad, Its been a while since I played any SC so I'm a bit frosty on character names as is. Excited to play the new one

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Cassandra is top tier. Maybe you just sucked <.<

also what new one?

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

The new one on the PS4!

probably XD I'll just snipe you with lower kicks.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

has that actually been officially announced yet?

I love this series, although it went downhill after SCIII, which I love to the max due to massive single-player content (the best in the whole series IMHO) and great local multiplayer (I'm not a fan of online gaming). :3

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Talim was main go to. I rocked as Talim.