i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well I rocked harder

Yeah, Talim was fast, friendly to use, and pretty awesome. She was basically the Cassandra that normal people like me actually tried to use. The few times I tried Cassandra I enjoyed her, but it didn't stick for some reason. But I can see why she's loved by the professional crowd

My thing was that they kept making Sophitia unlockable, which indicated they were trying to get rid of her, and I didn't see Cassandra in a very fond light during that phase, since she was exacerbating Sophitia being delegated to the corner just by her very existence and inclusion (in fact, I had a hard time accepting and appreciating any of the copycat characters from Calibur 1 and 2)

I can't imagine there will be an actual Soul Calibur VI. I've not heard of it, and there was so much internal arguing before V that was completely ridiculous. The director even admitted in an interview explaining why there was a 17 year gap. They have so much internal arguing over how Ivy should be portrayed, her boob size, her poses, all that jazz, that he wanted to just nix the entire thing. So he made it 17 years later to get rid of most of the cast, and start fresh. But even that wasn't enough, because she's so adored by slobbering fans that the execs forced him to shoe-horn her in, and then they of course used her in the adverts by putting her boobs in your face

Kinda disgusting, and I think the portion of the Soul team that was against that sort of thing, is probably just done with the series now. And I'm not sure the pervy portion of the Soul team that's left is enough to get it right, and even if they do it's likely to get a DOA backlash for being a bunch of unnecessary fanservice

Edit: I looked it up and there are websites declaring a release date for Soul Calibur 6, but they look fishy, and don't load properly, so I've no idea what that supposed date is, but I don't see anything official

And in the process found this article from back in the day that may be interesting to anyone curious about what I was talking about: http://www.p4rgaming.com/soulcalibur...sts-should-be/
    Last edited by Vyk; 12-14-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Maxi was Talim before Talim came along. Fast, decent damage, easy to use, and with moves that were made to flow into one another.

I LOVED using Seung Mina (original spelling, thx.) and Lizard Man.

I had fun with all if the old characters, but those two were my favs. Too bad they're all gone now.

EDIT: I just read that article, and it's sad. Frankly, I really like Ivy. She wasn't a favorite, but she was different and fun. Her weapon gave her two-fighting styles making her a pretty cool character that could go from a short/medium to medium/long range character pretty quickly. All half the team seems to care about is digital boobies. Yeesh.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 12-14-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Zasalamel, Tira, Setsuka, Raphael, and Voldo are my mains but naturally half of them are no longer in the game.

V had a good Create-a-Character but cutting out half the characters and having a lazy and clumsy Story Mode made it disappointing. At least the combat mechanics were neat.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Well I rocked harder
    We'll settle this at the meetup. Bring your arcade stick.
    everything is wrapped in gray

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    My only real knowledge of the Soul Calibur games is about the number of guest characters they had. Didn't Link make an appearance at some point?
    Yeah, he was an exclusive on the GameCube version of SCII.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Yep, used to play it in the arcade with my dad, and then we played through all the PS games. Five kind of sucked, though.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I used Yoshimitsu & Ivy in Soul Calibur II. Yoshi was pretty crap though I thought but I was used to playing him in Tekken. Briefly played Soulblade and SC3. I haven't played the new releases but thinking about how good these games were I'm thinking I'll pick the next installment up. They were great fun.

Str8 Pimpin'

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I really gave the series a fair shot and was unable to get into it. That said, I love Hilde's design
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

I've always wanted to learn Hilda just because her design is so neat!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gameplay wise, Talim ismy favourite fighting game character. Its a shameshe isnt in V, which is why I havent played it

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Yeah, Talim was fast, friendly to use, and pretty awesome. She was basically the Cassandra that normal people like me actually tried to use. The few times I tried Cassandra I enjoyed her, but it didn't stick for some reason. But I can see why she's loved by the professional crowd

My thing was that they kept making Sophitia unlockable, which indicated they were trying to get rid of her, and I didn't see Cassandra in a very fond light during that phase, since she was exacerbating Sophitia being delegated to the corner just by her very existence and inclusion (in fact, I had a hard time accepting and appreciating any of the copycat characters from Calibur 1 and 2)

I can't imagine there will be an actual Soul Calibur VI. I've not heard of it, and there was so much internal arguing before V that was completely ridiculous. The director even admitted in an interview explaining why there was a 17 year gap. They have so much internal arguing over how Ivy should be portrayed, her boob size, her poses, all that jazz, that he wanted to just nix the entire thing. So he made it 17 years later to get rid of most of the cast, and start fresh. But even that wasn't enough, because she's so adored by slobbering fans that the execs forced him to shoe-horn her in, and then they of course used her in the adverts by putting her boobs in your face

Kinda disgusting, and I think the portion of the Soul team that was against that sort of thing, is probably just done with the series now. And I'm not sure the pervy portion of the Soul team that's left is enough to get it right, and even if they do it's likely to get a DOA backlash for being a bunch of unnecessary fanservice

Edit: I looked it up and there are websites declaring a release date for Soul Calibur 6, but they look fishy, and don't load properly, so I've no idea what that supposed date is, but I don't see anything official

And in the process found this article from back in the day that may be interesting to anyone curious about what I was talking about: http://www.p4rgaming.com/soulcalibur...sts-should-be/
    the size of the boobs in the game is a little ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post

the size of the boobs in the game is a little ridiculous!
    DoA's (Dead or Alive) fanservice is more ridiculous... trust me! :P

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That doesn't mean Soul Calibur needs to aspire to DoA's level.
    everything is wrapped in gray