Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Until Dawn!

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Default Until Dawn!

Has anyone else picked this up since it's release?

I just completed my first playthrough (just hit midnight here) and I have to say I LOVED it!! If you have ever been a fan of any of the Telltale Games or Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls etc.... you have to try it. In my opinion this is the new gold standard of how 'choose your own adventure' video games should be done.

Reviews have been pretty good for it but I really don't think they give it the praise it deserves (choose your own adventures aren't everyone's cup of tea) The choices do really seem to make a radical difference (have a friend currently playing through it and their experience seems totally different to mine).

I've also got to give it up to the actors in it, you will recognize a lot of them but they do an amazing job and really take it seriously.

I've heard it's possible for everyone to die and it's also possible for everyone to live. I kept 6 out of 8 alive, which ain't bad I guess :P

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I bought this game on Friday but I haven't got to play it nearly as much as I'd like! Up to Chapter 3. Really liking it so far! I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced for PS4, and since then I didn't follow anything else about it as to avoid potential spoilers. So far though it's even better than I thought it would be, and I look forward to playing more of it when I get the chance.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Ditto on everything. Was super stoked for it, so I mostly only ever watched trailers or something that wouldn't spoil anything. And I got it on launch day, and could not get enough of it. I would have plowed through it in one or two sittings, but my girlfriend isn't big on marathons. Especially with how legitimately unsettling (scary/frightening) the game is on the first run. I'd put it up there with Alien: Isolation and the original Dead Space for well done scary atmosphere. And probably put it between Telltale Games and Alan Wake as far as storytelling, and things go. The episodic thing was very Alan Wake. But it apparently annoyed the hell out of a lot of people. Same with the psychiatrist bit, which I loved. It's a pacing mechanic. Ups and downs. It builds anticipation, and keeps you invested in what happened at the beginning of the game, rather than just simply what's going on in the moment. Excellent game. Can't imagine a sequel or anything, but if this studio does another horror game, I am preordering the trout out of that

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved it but the blood and gore was too much for me so I had to stop and read up what happened.

A+ visuals and acting. This game has managed to avoid uncanny valley so well and the characters move very realistically.

Articles

FFXIV Character

So, after almost a week of on / off play I got around to completing my first play through tonight! What can I say? I loved it! One of the best games I've played in a long time. I'll echoe what Laddy said in regards to A+ visuals and acting, I'm going to have to watch the bonus scenes to see how it was all done. As for the story, well! A+ for that, too I look forward to playing through it again and hopefully this time I'll be able to save everyone!

Also did you know the totems piece together past events? When you go in to the totems menu and press triangle it plays a video, and the more totems you have the more it plays. I only found that out tonight.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles

FFXIV Character

I can't believe this game is almost 2 years old, where has the time gone?! O.o

Anyway sorry to bump this thread but this game is going to be free with PS+ for July so if you haven't played it, you have a PS4 and a PS+ sub you have no excuse not to give this gem of a game a go

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I had the great pleasure of watching EoFF's very own Shauna play this. It was delightful.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I had the great pleasure of watching EoFF's very own Shauna play this. It was delightful.
    It is a very good game! I'm glad you enjoyed the Let's Play. It's a shame that you didn't play it yourself though just to feel how intense it was at times xD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It is a very good game! I'm glad you enjoyed the Let's Play. It's a shame that you didn't play it yourself though just to feel how intense it was at times xD
    I should've provided more context. I did in fact play first it myself! You see, it wasn't a Let's Play. She did it at my house on my very own PS4, as I do believe she did not have one at the time.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That is the case, I did not have a PS4 at the time. But now that I do, I might pick up Until Dawn for myself! It was a super fun game, and I would like to run through again and this time save Hayden Panettiere from herself.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I kept everyone alive until the end, and with one wrong choice killed all but two people.

I figure it's been a while, but I'm still trying not to spoil anything. Suffice to say one of the totems that gave me a clue wound up specifically causing me to make a mistake. The only totem that I felt gave me a reasonable clue (most of them were useless to me) and it wound up making me choose something I wouldn't have and causing me to kill everyone.

So, my opinion of the game went from "pretty fun, and good job imitating 80's slasher movies" to "well, that smurfing sucked. Pretty cheap."

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's free on PS Plus this month. I'm thinking about checking it out.

As long as you finish the chapter, you can replay that chapter and fix your decision I think. I got Chris killed once towards the end, and he was like the only person I wanted to keep alive, so I rigged that. Also Josh died, but I figured that was for a good cause (SPOILER)plus keeping him alive didn't actually seem like a better idea, considering how that ending goes (my girlfriend got that ending)

As a huge fan of horror and slashers, this game was right up my alley. I loved everything about it. Even Emily, who used her bitchiness for the greater survival.

Playing it with other people is surprisingly fun!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've played it a few hours last night and a few hours tonight and I'm completely hooked. Every time I have to stop and get ready for bed I have to force myself to turn off the PS4 because I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next. I can't tell you how long it's been since the last time a video game did that to me.