Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Pre-Order BS

Default Deus Ex Mankind Divided Pre-Order BS

Okay, Square we need to talk.

http://www.aguywhogames.com/homepage...rder-bulltrout/

If you don't want to read my post on it, the short version.

Tiers of Pre-Order bonus's are locked behind an arbitrary number of Pre-Orders, meaning if enough Pre-Orders aren't made some content will be unavailable.

Enough Pre-Orders the game will launch four days earlier.

They are seriously encouraging you harder ever before to pay for the game before it comes out, and then denying you content if enough people wont do it.

First time in my life I am refusing to buy a game purely on principle, and it sucks because I was really looking forward to this one.

You missed the best part: Each Tier of rewards offers a "choice". So, even if all the tiers are met, you STILL don't get all the content, unless you order the $150 Collector's Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmbHtXPhr14

The actual announcement video, if you guys want to go downvote it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    You missed the best part: Each Tier of rewards offers a "choice". So, even if all the tiers are met, you STILL don't get all the content, unless you order the $150 Collector's Edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmbHtXPhr14

The actual announcement video, if you guys want to go downvote it.
    Done. That's a good amount of downvotes already. Looking forward to the inevitable Jimquisition episode about this nonsense.

And in the same week as we find out that MGS5 reviewers were kept in some kind of luxury pleasure palace while they played the game. It's a dark week for game publisher reputations.I'll buy this one a year after it's released, second hand.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I'll buy this one a year after it's released, second hand.
    A solid plan. I was a huge fan of Human Revolution, but I won't preorder this. Steam sale, half off at a bare minimum.

I don't think there's any need to wait until it's been out a while to get this. After all, I do still want to support the developer and encourage Square Enix to keep financing Deus Ex games. I just won't pre-order it, and make sure the reviews are solid and the game isn't broken. But I'll still buy it week 1.

We can protest against the pre-order nonsense without necessarily protesting the game itself - although waiting until the 'all content included' version is the standard price is also a perfectly reasonable approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I don't think there's any need to wait until it's been out a while to get this. After all, I do still want to support the developer and encourage Square Enix to keep financing Deus Ex games. I just won't pre-order it, and make sure the reviews are solid and the game isn't broken. But I'll still buy it week 1.

We can protest against the pre-order nonsense without necessarily protesting the game itself - although waiting until the 'all content included' version is the standard price is also a perfectly reasonable approach.
    The Problem I have in this case is content being withheld by virtue of the fact they are doing that 'pre-order' tier trout. If enough people avoid pre-ordering over this, we are going to be denied content as a result of not being willing to put up with their BS.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

The Problem I have in this case is content being withheld by virtue of the fact they are doing that 'pre-order' tier trout. If enough people avoid pre-ordering over this, we are going to be denied content as a result of not being willing to put up with their BS.
    Yes, but even if enough people DO preorder, you're denied content anyway. You have to choose WHICH preorder bonuses you want. In other words, unless you pay an extra $100 for the Collector's Edition, you will be denied content anyway. It's like retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses. Only worse.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Squeenix do this bulltrout with all of their games now.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I'll buy this one a year after it's released, second hand.
    A solid plan. I was a huge fan of Human Revolution, but I won't preorder this. Steam sale, half off at a bare minimum.
    That is what Clarkson would do.

HR plummeted in price faster than most other new games; I think MD will do the same. So I really see no reason to buy new, even without this offensive pre-order scheme (which is indeed offensive).

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Squeenix do this bulltrout with all of their games now.
    Honestly what major publisher doesn't anymore?

It's never going to stop until people stop buying into it, and it doesn't look like they will anytime soon, because the average gamer just doesn't care about being nickled and dimed and having conent withheld arbitrarily.

You should look at what the Batman: Arkham Knight pre-order season pass BS was like. It was a freaking nightmare for anyone who wanted all the content, and if you purchased the season pass with the game (a season pass which is supposed to save you money, mind you) it was $100. And you know what happened? It became the highest selling game of the year.

I buy games I want to play despite all the tacked on rubbish, but screw paying for DLC, season passes, and all that other crap.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Are you talking about Human Revolution which came out 4 years ago? Or are you talking about Mankind Divided?

Yeah, Mankind Divided. Just realized I smurfed up the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Looking forward to the inevitable Jimquisition episode about this nonsense.
    Here it is, as predicted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7EI9YCsuBQ