Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Epic" moments in video games

Ah, Mass Effect. The showdowns with the reapers on the homeworlds of the krogan and qunari were so intense

Articles
    Blog Entries

Actually, Bioware games in general are pretty epic. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age Inquisition do a pretty good job of immersing you into a world that truly feels like it is in need of your help. I easily find myself getting sucked in to those games when I'm in the right frame of mind.

Also, special mention to Skyrim for being one of the only games where I've practically created my own epic moments. The first time I walked some insane distance and was greeted with an amazing vista or the northern lights or whatever is quite rewarding and breathtaking.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Actually, Bioware games in general are pretty epic. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age Inquisition do a pretty good job of immersing you into a world that truly feels like it is in need of your help. I easily find myself getting sucked in to those games when I'm in the right frame of mind.
    I agree, I can reel off several intense moments in both games. In Mass Effect 3, staring down that reaper by yourself in Rannoch is equal parts exhilarating and terrifying.

Epic moments.....

The ending of FFX always hit me pretty hard.

Also, ME3: the Thresher Maw takes down a Reaper. I got so into that series that I swear I fist pumped when they finally managed to take out a Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    -First leaving Midgar in FFVII and seeing how huge the world is.
    That always stuck in my mind too. It was like "video games can't do........oh.....wow."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The very start of Uncharted 2. Shall we have a nice easy introductory hour where you can complete simple tasks to get you used to the control system?? Nope. We're gonna start with you hanging of the end of a train carriage which itself is hanging off the edge of a huge cliff and see how you get on.

Epic.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age Inquisition, the (SPOILER) assault on Weisshaupt feels pretty darn epic. Of course, so does the who mission when Haven is attacked, especially from Corypheus reveal to finding skyhold.

I'll add more later. Probably.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

How could I forget about Skyrim? The first time I saw a dragon bug out and do a backwards flight spiral while breathing fire was pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    The very start of Uncharted 2. Shall we have a nice easy introductory hour where you can complete simple tasks to get you used to the control system?? Nope. We're gonna start with you hanging of the end of a train carriage which itself is hanging off the edge of a huge cliff and see how you get on.

Epic.
    Agreed. Naughty Dog pull you into their stories so quickly. The same thing happened with The Last of Us, within 40 minutes you are invested in the characters and story. They're very talented.

Another example that comes to mind is Bioshock. Travelling down into the ocean depths, the moment Rapture first comes into view was really special and well done.