Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planning your day.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Planning your day.

Are you a person who plans your entire day, starting the night before with what clothes you'll wear? Do you lay them out, even? Do you have a daily agenda or calendar? Do you make all of your meals ahead of time so you'll know exactly what you'll be eating?

I plan my workday. I don't lay out my clothes but I do have an idea of what I'd like to wear before I go to bed. And at the end of each work day I have picked up the habit of jotting down a quick agenda for the following day. I also use calendars and task lists to keep me organized.

Outside of work I'm way less of the planning type. I'll have a general idea of what I'd like to be doing and then I might end up doing that or something completely different.

I do tend to plan out birthdays and holidays pretty hard core though. And I'm trying a new app for goal setting.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

If I'm going out, I plan on what I'm going to do. I also plan what I'm going to eat, whether i'm eating out or dining in.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I plan my food for a week. It helps me make healthier choices if I already have everything planned and bought.

If I get up earlier, sometimes the snooze wins on work days, I'm able to plan my day better. I don't lay things out or anything but if I have the time in the morning I can plan out how my workday goes. Usually I'm more productive on those days. If I smash my snooze button, usually my day gets a later start. It takes me longer to get awake and fully into my job.

If I have my actual evening planned and I'm not drained from work then I'm very productive with chores and whatever else I have planned in my personal life.

If I do plan, my whole life runs better. I get things done with less procrastination and my personal and home life work better. If I don't, it's when things are not getting done in my home life or personal life. I procrastinate and end up wasting too much time on stupid crap.

I think everyone should somewhat schedule their lives. It provides a great structure to it.

I get very grumpy when people inconvenience my plans repeatedly. Say family members or friends who keep "asking for help" every weekend. I get grumpy I can't get a proper de-stressed weekend. Usually if that keeps happening and I don't get that relaxing few days, I'm wound up and more irritable the rest of the week. The rest of all my plans get stressed and it's a mess.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I plan to have a plan some day.

Unfortunately, planning to have a plan inevitably means that I don't make a plan. Hell, sometimes I don't even plan to make a plan and just see where the day takes me. Maybe I should start planning to have a plan for my daily plan?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I do like my day to be very structured but ironically I don't make plans. I just have a small list of things that I have to get done by the end of the day and so long as they're finished before bedtime, I'm good.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I generally have no responsibilities so I don't plan my day or anything beyond Get to Work on time. Weekends are a mess of ~do whatever I fancy~.

If there's something I do really need to do, then I get plans in place to make sure I get everything I need to done. And then this is usually needlessly stressful because of all that pressure. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

I tend to plan the next day ahead, with reminders of important events throughout the week. I should really purchase a diary, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I tend to plan the next day ahead, with reminders of important events throughout the week. I should really purchase a diary, to be honest.
    Formy keeps track of my important stuff as well. He's really very handy.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

well today I'm planning on oops bedtime
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have only a few things I wear until I lose some weight, so I never really need to plan outfits. But I do plan my day to a certain degree. Going to do x, y, and z today and a, b, and c tomorrow. I have a monthly calendar to keep everything organized like when homework is due, when I'm volunteering, when my tests are, the car club meetings, social events, etc. With homework and studying now I always plan ahead when I'm doing what and what I'm doing with my free time at school. Food depends. Usually day of, sometimes I do a menu

I do plan how I eat though, which I just learned recently is not normal. Like when I have a plate of food, I'm planning how many bites of one thing I'll take, how many bites of the next thing, the order in which I finish each thing, etc

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I do things as it occurs to me that they need doing, or would be enjoyable things to do.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I make it up as I go. Everything in life is easier when you're adaptable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My only real planning involves my work which have doubled since I made the switch to video editing. I've been going to bed earlier and waking up earlier as a result so I have more time to work.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I plan as I have to arrange my travel to work so I know when to get up etc. at work I'll plan what everyone else is doing as well as myself. I'm a meal planner too!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nope, I don't. I do make a to do list for when I get to work but even some things on there change. I just go with the flow for the most part. I also have a calendar to mark down some appointments and important events.