Thread: Starting the Persona Series

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, generally what Hypo said. If you keep fusing, you should be just fine.

Also, keep the arcana in mind. Each Persona is assigned to a major arcana of the tarot. And each social link represents one of those as well. Now, these are mutually relevant. The higher rank your social link of a specific arcana is, the more exp. the newly fused persona gets at the beginning (that's the only way to fuse personae above your level). In turn, if you have a persona of a specific arcana with you when you do the social link conversation with that arcana, you get more of those invisible points than usual and the next rank-up will come faster.

Glad you're enjoying the battles! That should kind of ease the tedium of Tartarus. Just don't get discouraged and know that if you ever want to play P4, the dungeons are done much, much better.

Also, Junpei is the single best character in video gaming history. Just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, generally what Hypo said. If you keep fusing, you should be just fine.

Also, keep the arcana in mind. Each Persona is assigned to a major arcana of the tarot. And each social link represents one of those as well. Now, these are mutually relevant. The higher rank your social link of a specific arcana is, the more exp. the newly fused persona gets at the beginning (that's the only way to fuse personae above your level). In turn, if you have a persona of a specific arcana with you when you do the social link conversation with that arcana, you get more of those invisible points than usual and the next rank-up will come faster.

Glad you're enjoying the battles! That should kind of ease the tedium of Tartarus. Just don't get discouraged and know that if you ever want to play P4, the dungeons are done much, much better.

Also, Junpei is the single best character in video gaming history. Just for the record.
    My Waifu disagrees.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I really really reallllyyyyy want to get back in to P3P but I seem to have lost all motivation for it at the moment. I think I have about 3 in game months left, but when I turned it on last and got to Tartarus I was just like "UGH!" and turned it off. Did anybody else take a long break during the playthrough of this game?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh gosh, nothing is more terrifying than the entire floor being empty and Mitsuru going "some thing doesn't feel right..." "how strange..." "Something's coming, I think it is death!" and then to hear clinking chains approach. I hightailed it straight to the stairs.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Oh gosh, nothing is more terrifying than the entire floor being empty and Mitsuru going "some thing doesn't feel right..." "how strange..." "Something's coming, I think it is death!" and then to hear clinking chains approach. I hightailed it straight to the stairs.
    You made the right choice.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Does Death appear often? I've encountered the scenario of 'hmm, no shadows detected, how odd' like, three or four times now.

The longer you spend on a floor the higher the chance of death appearing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

For me Death only seems to draw near when you've fully cleared a floor which only has the stronger pink enemies.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Death doesn't really draw near on his own accord: at least, I haven't been on a floor long enough for Death to start rolling in from lapsed time. For me, his arrival only happens when its been hastened by the 'no enemies present' situation, which has happened to me quite a few times.

Anyway, I'm defeated the second boss on this first level. Both bosses weren't that bad, it was basically a 'attack the weak point for an all-out attack!' type deal. I'm level 9, currently. How many floors are there to Tartarus anyway?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

265, but it's separated into blocks. It's a good idea to reach the top available to you in one go. New blocks open up after full moon bosses.

Also, those empty floors are rare occurrences. So it's kinda weird that there's so many. Did Mitsuru perchance tell you Tartarus is unstable before you went there?

Articles
    Blog Entries

265, but it's separated into blocks. It's a good idea to reach the top available to you in one go. New blocks open up after full moon bosses.

Also, those empty floors are rare occurrences. So it's kinda weird that there's so many. Did Mitsuru perchance tell you Tartarus is unstable before you went there?
    She did, actually.

Sorry, another question! I appear to be stuck with the same four personas I've had since the fifth or so floor: Apsaras, Angel, Pixie and Orpheus. Whenever I enter Hamme- I mean Shuffle Time, I keep getting useless copies. I don't think I've reached my persona limit, given that I'm level 10.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

She did, actually.

Sorry, another question! I appear to be stuck with the same four personas I've had since the fifth or so floor: Apsaras, Angel, Pixie and Orpheus. Whenever I enter Hamme- I mean Shuffle Time, I keep getting useless copies. I don't think I've reached my persona limit, given that I'm level 10.
    Your limit right now ist six, I think. And yeah, you won't get any other shuffle time personas in this block, I believe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only got Death like once the whole game because I left my PSP sitting there while I did some stuff xD

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I've definitely had death draw near on a normal floor, after wiping out all enemies and having had many common enemies respawn and then killed those as well. It happens, but it does take a while.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?