Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Persona Series

Many video game soundtracks are magical, beautiful, moving. I barely listen to anything else myself to be honest.
    I feel this kind of music and many tracks manage to touch my heart. I've just noticed again how much I love e.g. the Final Fantasy soundtracks when I attended the Final Symphony II concert two weeks ago; some parts moved me to tears and I constantly had goosebumps on my arms. That's the power of music for you. <3

What I actually want to say is: neither has anyone low standards because they enjoy listening to soundtracks nor should anyone feel embarrassed about it - it's not as if they were inferior to any other kind of music and if you enjoy listening to it, why hide it? : ) There are so many songs with pointless, aggressive, disrespectful and hateful lyrics out there, I think it's rather the people who listen to such songs who should be worried about their taste in music...

(That went a bit off-topic, sorry)

I love listening to video game music (and anime OSTs) when I need something to listen to. And the Persona music is at the very top of the list, even just above the Final Fantasy music (I know, heresy. Sorry, Uematsu.) In addition to me just plain finding the music highly catchy and pleasing to the ear, it also fills me with a lot of great memories of playing through the games. And I'm ALMOST always moved to tears when it comes to Memories of You or Nevermore.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've got a question about the critical hit rate: for some reason, Junpei seems to do critical hits far more often than any other character. It might just be luck, but he does tend to do critical hits more often than other characters.

What actually affects the critical hit rate in this game?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Condition affects critical hits by a very huge amount. Anyone in "great" condition will be throwing out crits left and right. If a character tells you he or she wants to go to tartarus without you specifically talking to them, that usually means they're in great condition. You can also check their condition in the menu.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Condition affects critical hits by a very huge amount. Anyone in "great" condition will be throwing out crits left and right. If a character tells you he or she wants to go to tartarus without you specifically talking to them, that usually means they're in great condition. You can also check their condition in the menu.
    Everyone's in 'good' condition, yet he does seem to be throwing more critical hits more often. Maybe it is his weapon? Hmm. Not that I'm complaining, of course. He even does those 'double hit' attacks more often as well. I can almost semi-reliably use him to do criticals.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

If it's his weapon, you should be able to see it in the menu. You crit more when you're a lot stronger than the enemy too. Are you sure you're not coincidencially attacking the weaker enemies with him?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eh, possibly. He could be critically hitting more often simply because I tend to use the standard attack with him more than any other character. His skills are predominantly physical and I'm wary of using HP to attack, so I just stick with the physical attack unless there's an express need for him to use Agi. Even then, my MC has all the elements on hand, so it is hardly ever used.

Which is another thing: I chug SP so much when I'm in Tartarus!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't worry about using HP for attacks. Every single physical special does that in Persona, and it's really worth it. It's nothing you can't quickly heal up after

Also: YAY JUNPEI!

And don't forget that magic cannot crit; only physical attacks/skills can. But I did also experience a lot of crits with Junpei compared to others. Akihiko and Mitsuru tied for 2nd most. I think there may be some sort of hidden stat for it; my theory is because their weapons lend themselves to comboing so well. For instance: It's fairly easy to use the momentum behind a sword swing to bring it back around for another pass. Even though Junpei totally doesn't fight like that...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    And don't forget that magic cannot crit; only physical attacks/skills can. But I did also experience a lot of crits with Junpei compared to others. Akihiko and Mitsuru tied for 2nd most. I think there may be some sort of hidden stat for it; my theory is because their weapons lend themselves to comboing so well. For instance: It's fairly easy to use the momentum behind a sword swing to bring it back around for another pass. Even though Junpei totally doesn't fight like that...
    At least I'm not the only one who experienced that: for a second I thought I was just hallucinating that Junpei critically hitted more. He hits really hard as well, because he has the nail bat.

Generally speaking, Yukari seems to critically hit the least from my experience but since winning the Toy Bow from a request she is better at physicals. The funny thing with Mitsuru I'm noticing is that she either misses or critically hits. Akihiko is currently equipped with Jack's Gloves, so even if he doesn't critical he at least tends to charm the foe regardless. The MC has the beam Naginata: it seems to be her strongest weapon currently.

Talking about weapons, I've unlocking weapon infusing. Is there anything I should know about it? I've not really used the Antique Shop. And finally, I'm right before the next full moon on 7/7. I'm PLv. 24, with everyone else sort of floating around Plv. 20-21. Is that a strong enough level?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

magic can't "crit", but it can do extra damage if you get that face cut-in thing. maybe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I'm getting deep into July and had a massive revelation on 7/11. Following that, 7/12 had a long sequence of my characters being all mopey and/or investigative. I feel like the story is heating up!

My advice on the antique shop is to save your void items until much later in the game.

Major gameplay spoilers here: (SPOILER) Some personas can be infused into your characters' ULTIMATE weapons at that store. For instance: Skadi becomes Mitsuru's ultimate weapon, regardless of which void item you use. It will always be the Snow Queen Whip with +10 to all stats. This link lists all of the special infusions that result in an ultimate weapon: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/971508-s...each-character

Articles
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice!

Anyway, just started summer break! We now have Aigis, who I feel is going to fall into that perhaps overused but still really good 'learning to be human' trope. I'd be interested to see how her character develops.

Also, there was a bit with Junpei becoming fairly sullen and aggressive towards the MC, but that kinda got dropped. Remind me why he went all anti-social for a few days after the full moon event? It was never really lampshaded.