Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Persona Series

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    And Dancing All Night comes out on Tuesday, so you'd better beat Persona 4 quickly if you want to play immediately!
    What's Dancing All Night?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    And Dancing All Night comes out on Tuesday, so you'd better beat Persona 4 quickly if you want to play immediately!
    What's Dancing All Night?
    A rhythm game spin off that has a canon story taking place after the events of Persona 4. Can't really talk much more about it without giving you some spoilers, at least for one team member.

Since you already got the Vita for Persona 4 Golden, you might as well get Persona 4: Dancing All Night. It looks like one the best rhythm games I've played in a long time. Even better than Theatrhythm, from what I've seen, at least from the mechanics and aesthetics, though FF does have a longer history, and thus more music, than Persona.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

assuming he actually likes rhythm games
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know Formy plays Theatrhythm.

Because we were supposed to battle online.

And we never did.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I know Formy plays Theatrhythm.

Because we were supposed to battle online.

And we never did.

Hey, hey, we are playing at some point! Don't gimme that.

Anyway, before Persona 4, I still have to finish off January, which compared to December is going to take much longer. I've just entered Monad for the first time and geez, those enemies are tough! After breezing through most of Adamah, it came as a shock to have some enemies do some serious damage to me.

I've also opened the Paradigm Door. Some older sister of Theo (and presumably Elizabeth) called Margaret popped by and wanted to test my strength by defeating improved versions of the Arcana bosses, and some challenge doors. I've only just started, but it looks interesting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Monad is the best place to grind if you want to get up to level 99. I kinda don't like how they made it inaccessible without beating the Reaper, since in the original this was the place where I prepared for that fight.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Monad is the best place to grind if you want to get up to level 99. I kinda don't like how they made it inaccessible without beating the Reaper, since in the original this was the place where I prepared for that fight.
    Eh, The Reaper was okay. It was a longer battle than most, but most of the time it kept doing elemental breaks, and the odd insta-kill spell. It was okay. I had enough Homonculus on me that the death spells didn't connect (though I've now run out my stock entering Monad, ugh). No-one was in danger of dying, it just took awhile. I'd actually say Monad is tougher than The Reaper.

Those Void Giants are just evil.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've finished the game! And wow, what an ending. I'll spoiler tag it, because of obviously heavy spoilers.

The Ending
    Like, I'm so angry right now. The Main Character dies! Now I did some reading about 'The Answer', the sort of epilogue of the game. And apparently, the MC isn't dead, but a massive barrier to prevent Nyx from touching Erebus, the manifestation of humanities's grief. I'm really rather upset she had to provide a seal.

I mean, I understand the thematics of it and it is a really compelling ending to the story, but...

Ugh, I really wanted everyone to be happy. That last day in March where everyone remembered again, only for you to fall asleep (I'm guessing she was living on borrowed time at that point? The ending didn't really make it clear) was saddening.

I really hope Persona 4 Golden has a happier time of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Smile

It's WAY happier. To a fault, actually. Diabeticay so, Id say.

I actually loved how bittersweet the ending is, because deep down, despite you dying, it really is the best thing that could happen. Especially since the main theme of he game is accepting death and making your life meaningful - the protagonist did just that and inspired the others to do the same

You're basically Jesus. Heck, your ultimate persona is the freakin' Messiah.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's WAY happier. To a fault, actually. Diabeticay so, Id say.

I actually loved how bittersweet the ending is, because deep down, despite you dying, it really is the best thing that could happen. Especially since the main theme of he game is accepting death and making your life meaningful - the protagonist did just that and inspired the others to do the same

You're basically Jesus. Heck, your ultimate persona is the freakin' Messiah.
    Which is why I'm conflicted. I understand why it is such a good ending, but at the same time, I just find it depressing.

I just hope that at some point in time, there is a happy ending. But then, I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Idk, call me weird, but I still find it to be a feel-good ending.

I mean, having everyone be happy is all well and good, but then real life doesn't have that and I just find it more comforting for a not completely happy ending, which is more realistic, to give me positive vibes.

But that's just my opinion

Articles
    Blog Entries

Idk, call me weird, but I still find it to be a feel-good ending.

I mean, having everyone be happy is all well and good, but then real life doesn't have that and I just find it more comforting for a not completely happy ending, which is more realistic, to give me positive vibes.

But that's just my opinion
    I'm just an idealist. I'm aware that 'everyone is happy' is cheesy, sweet and diabetic, and arguably less profound perhaps but eh, sometimes I just want some feel good happiness in my life.

Hopefully I'll find it in Persona 4 Golden. But I don't have a PS Vita. I just checked the platform, and I assumed it was still the PSP, but no, it's the Vita. Ugh. I don't really want to shell out money a platform for one game (albeit a really good one).

There is the original Persona 4 for the PS2, which I do own, but I'm missing out on two social links and a whole heap of extras. Part of me is thinking to wait, but I'm really in love with the series and I don't want to stop so suddenly.

What to do, what to do...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Get a Vita, and also get Danganropna and P4: Dancing All Night. Danganronpa is a visual novel that's kinda like a more twisted version of Ace Attorney.

I would give my own opinion on the ending of P3 and why I find it to be one of the best endings to a JRPG I've ever played, and how I really have no issues for it, but I'm not good with words and can't really articulate my feelings in any coherent way.

But you've got to admit. When Igor says he's never seen the Universe card before, and didn't expect to, a part of you feels really good for the main character. He literally summons the power of creation itself - for a brief moment, he becomes a god and finds the answer to life itself. Sure, he dies in the process, but semantics, semantics. And the awesomeness of facing the personification of death itself alone, and with a single finger raised and winning (kind of) was seriously one of the most epic moments I've ever witnessed; especially since the game took it seriously and "realistically", where your character isn't really trouncing death like it's nothing, to the point of it being almost comical, but actually only barely being a match for it.

And "Memories of You" playing in the credits is just a feels trip on its own.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I was looking at various prices, and apparently there's also this system called Playstation TV, which allows you to play 'most' PS Vita games on a larger television, which certainly sounds appealing. Furthermore, the official website confirms that Persona 4 Golden is one of the compatible games for the microconsole. You can play PS Vita games by either downloading them to the device, or inserting the game card directly.

Its price has been slashed very harshly: it is currently marketing at £44-ish. And apparently, P4: Dancing All Night will also be compatible with PS TV according to what people are saying.

Taken at face value, it seems like an absolute steal at £44-ish, for essentially a microconsole which plays Vita games on a larger screen. What do you guys think? It almost seems too good to be true.