Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think they will add in new content for the FFVII remake?

Default Do you think they will add in new content for the FFVII remake?

I'd hope so. A lot of remakes of classic games are notable for adding in some new content that wasnt present in the original game which could make the experience better. What do you think?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Probably. Gotta find something for the pre-order bonus and inevitable DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    indeed. Maybe there will be a superboss that suceeds Emerald or Ruby weapon as story mode dlc with new weapons and armor to be used.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post
    indeed. Maybe there will be a superboss that suceeds Emerald or Ruby weapon as story mode dlc with new weapons and armor to be used.
    Gold Saucer Battle Arena DLC confirmed.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Yeah, I definitely think there'll be some new stuff. Bear in mind you had extra towns etc in Crisis Core, I wouldn't be surprised to see them included. Existing places that were relatively small in the original like Kalm or Rocket Town will probably get an expansion.

They should make Goku or Vegeta a companion in a DLC in FFVII remake. At that point, I'd say screw Tifa. I'll take A MOTHERsmurfING SAIYAN WHO CAN BENCH PRESS A PLANET!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

i'm thinking half the game is going to be changed anyway so there's no way around new content
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel it's almost more likely for things to feel like they were cut rather than added. I wouldn't really be surprised if things like the super bosses end up cut and held back as DLC depending on the direction they take the game. I think a lot of the new stuff will be tweaks involving the scale of things being made more realistic to make the game more realistic and a lot of silliness getting changed or cut due to everything likely being fully voiced (such as the weird beginner's hall stuff).

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I feel it's almost more likely for things to feel like they were cut rather than added. I wouldn't really be surprised if things like the super bosses end up cut and held back as DLC depending on the direction they take the game. I think a lot of the new stuff will be tweaks involving the scale of things being made more realistic to make the game more realistic and a lot of silliness getting changed or cut due to everything likely being fully voiced (such as the weird beginner's hall stuff).

It's been so long since I've played through the game though that I can't really think of many ways content would be added outside of possible Compilation stuff.
    trout they should let Adam Jensen be a DLC character in game. I'd make a dream team of Cloud, Goku, and Adam Jensen. URGH! We'd own all of Gaia like a boss. Considering Adam Jensen is technically a SE character.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I doubt they will cut things from the original game like emerald and ruby, then shell them out as DLC, I can see them doing additional character arcs through DLC, like a what happens after Sephiroth, lets face it, we have 2 years to play with between Sephiroth and AC and I think it might be diverting enough to get people to shell out for a "what happened after" DLC for their favourite characters. I can also see outfit DLC, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I love it when a game has different outfits, a nice combo would be "play this DLC and unlock this outfit".

As for adding people like Goku, I am 99.99% certain we wont see anything like that.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    As for adding people like Goku, I am 99.99% certain we wont see anything like that.
    What about Sonic? Will we see Sonic?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    What about Sonic? Will we see Sonic?
    I have a feeling we might see sonic...

(SPOILER)

That feeling turned out to be true I guess xD

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerface View Post

trout they should let Adam Jensen be a DLC character in game. I'd make a dream team of Cloud, Goku, and Adam Jensen. URGH! We'd own all of Gaia like a boss. Considering Adam Jensen is technically a SE character.
    Sounds like what you want is a Square-Enix crossover game, not FF7.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The new content will most likely make the story tie into the compilation. They did a good job modernizing FFIVDS so I think this one will be pretty good too, because in hindsight I think FFVII's story was so-so after Disc 1.

But I also think people will be so infuriated with the new battle system that they will overlook most of the changes!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I don't think it will be any really new stuff because Compilation stuff is not new and retconned/re-explained stuff is also just stuff that somehow existed in another form and context before or whatever. It is possible though that they finally hint the long overdue sequel.