Thread: Sailor Moon: Another Story

Default Sailor Moon: Another Story

Anyone here ever play this game? I heard it was great, so I bought a reproduction cart last week. It arrived today, but I had to go to work.

I'll give impressions after I play some later.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia

Only a little bit of the old fan translations, but it was enjoyable what I did play.

Game is pretty great so far. Battles are really fun, they have a formation system. Kind of like Suikoden V. The story is really damn good for an anime adaptation. Definitely captures the feel of the series. I'll have to beat it before I can judge it as a stand alone plot though.

The encounter rate is insanely high, but the battles are so much fun that I don't really care. lol
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I never finished it but I absolutely loved what I did play.

I loved that it wasn't just rehashed nonsense but an actual legit brand new story tied to the TV show with some brand new characters that don't appear in any other media. I really need to go back and finish it one of these days.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I beat this last year and a wrote my review of it somewhere. I started to like it initially, but as the game progressed there were a lot of issues that knocked it from being a 7 to a 5 and I think I'm being generous with the 5. The game has some definite balancing issues. Back row party members are near useless, Chibi Moon has to be the worst RPG character I've seen in a game. By the end of the game she was still only dealing single digit damage regardless of row and she doesn't have abilities to compensate for it and not to mention she also has the lowest health in the game too.

The boss battle against the red haired guy is really frustrating because he has a lot of HP and very high defense so the boss fight will be very long and repetitive. I suggest you get as many colognes as you can before your revisit to that wasteland.

Compared to other JRPGs out there, it's barebones on content. No sidequests, there are a handful of songs in it and if I remember correctly there is only one battle theme for the whole game until the final boss, a lot of the locales from what I remember had hardly any NPCs and the story didn't compel me.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just started this up and it's been pretty amusing so far. As a Moonie, there are a ton of references to the anime and manga series. Especially happy that the game only takes content from the first three seasons as the series kind of went down hill with SuperS and Stars (manga is a different story) but so far it's been interesting as a Chrono Trigger Lite/Sailor Moon Fan-service title.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Reviewed it back in 2013 for the 20th Anniversary of Sailor Moon. Considered the best game made for the series by many, but I haven't played too many. I still have a ROM of one of the Beat em ups for the Genesis/Mega Drive I still want to play at some point. Some things neglectful from the review is the character development, which was pretty good, and I believe the game is considered canon and takes place between S and Super S. Not sure if that was said by the creator or anything, or is just fan speculation. But that's what a lot of Moonies I've talked with claim.

It's ridiculous how under-powered the Outers are at the beginning, though. And kind of funny.

Silence Glaive: Can destroy the whole world if the wielder lowers it.
    -1 damage.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it's canon, hell it can't even make up its mind on whether it wants to follow the anime canon or the manga canon it seems.

Been pretty fun so far. I see what you mean about the Outer Senshi not being so great at the start but with a few levels they become pretty awesome. They do have the advantage of their low cost starting moves are both powerful and hits all enemies on the field. Shame they are limited in their movesets though.

The OST largely seems to hail from the actual show which is pretty nice though I prefer the DiC soundtrack over the original (blasphemy I know) but I love how the game actually uses voices from the show and most of the special moves are accurate to the anime.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Must be popular headcanon, then.

Pluto is pretty bawse when you get to her, though. Of course, she's Sailor Pluto.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I distinctly remember playing this as a kid and getting stuck at the part where the girls split up and you have to go through these scenarios where you control one senshi at a time. And the bosses were ridiculous. This game really did have balancing issues.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it gets harder when the Senshi go solo. You need to grind like a mofo.