Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover EOFF?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default How did you discover EOFF?

Though the question has been asked bye everyone to every new member I thought I'd start a thread on it. Did a friend recommend it to you? Or did you stumble upon it while researching with Google. Here is your place to tell your EOFF story!

For me I was replaying FFX, for the Blitzball when I was wondering who I should puck for my team. Stumbled across the site there, perved it for a week and joined up. So glad I did as I now get to meet and talk to all kinds of cool people from all over the world I would have never known. The time I spend on this site is the highlight of the day most days for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I had a crush on Mister Adequate, who was a member of a different forum that I posted at. I found out that he was a member here, as well, and I migrated over so I could join him. Now we are engaged and I have a lot of friends here!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think I was looking for FFII info. It was the first and only time I used the front site.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to use the front site for all FF-related tips, as I've been playing a lot of FFs for the first time back in junior high. Then I lurked a bit on the forums before finally joining in high school.

I don't even remember, it's been so long. But, knowing the way I was way back when, I was probably trying to find info on FFVII/IX/X on the frontsite. I do know that I didn't register until, like, 2 years after using the site.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was looking up something or another about one of the FFs. I think it might've been V. I had the site bookmarked, as I occasionally used the frontsite, but never thought of joining. Then a year or so ago, I wanted to talk about FF, so I joined.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was looking for synthesis info for Kingdom Hearts. I used the frontsite for a few days and finally joined the forum.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Twas a cold stormy night. I had been getting my ass kicked by liquflame and eventually got to the saddest ff scene ever. I looked on internet "Hardest FFV boss" then i read thread. I then saw chat at top. And well that as they say is that.

So no matter how much miss Sefie ridicules my liquiflame troubles i will always be happy that i died so much. Eoff is literaly thr best thing on internet. Thank you!

I am one such noobie and actually found EOFF through twitter.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I literally have no idea. But however I joined, I'm glad that I did.

It's all Formy's fault. Blame him for my presence.

Blog Entries

looking for FF8 information.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Oldbies will groan for me listing this fact again, but back in 2000, not too long after edczxcvbnm and I graduated High School, I had a full time office job and he was off to college upstate. We kept in contact through e-mail since social networking wasn't really a thing back then. I used to post on the official Marilyn Manson message board and he went around trolling Final Fantasy fan sites to see how fast he could get banned.

Well, whatever he tried here didn't work, so he stuck around and quickly discovered he liked discussing Chrono Cross stuff with people (it was a new game at that time). He would e-mail me discussions he had with people. Seems kind of whatever now, but back then doing such things was still a pretty fresh deal. By the time February of 2001 rolled around, I grew tired of the Manson boards (though I didn't stop posting there completely) and decided to officially join here. I made an ass of myself for the first week or so because I was used to how the Manson boards really didn't have rules or organization (I felt a mod unfairly called me out here and I made a thread calling the mod out, lol).

But yeah, there's that story again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was waiting for my at the time boyfriend to pick me up from the bus station coming home from visiting my mom in Boston. He was late, as usual, so I pulled out my laptop and started looking for Vivi stuff because Vivi is my all time favourite character. Then I found this place and joined to talk about Final Fantasy. And I met my boyfriend here and it changed my life for the better

Hmmm, well I was curious about what Bert was always doing on here.. I honestly thought he was chatting with women and having a blast but I did some lurking and snooping and discovered that I liked everything about it. I like it more than Facebook. I don't have a twitter, instagram, face time or other social accounts..whats the damn point of having all this social media accounts anyway, I have this and Facebook. But I would rate this forum 10 for being an original and an awesome place to"be at". Oh and I thank Bert for this site.