View Poll Results: Would you live in a haunted house?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

6 40.00%
  • No

3 20.00%
  • Maybe/it depends

4 26.67%
  • I don't believe in haunted houses

2 13.33%

Thread: Would you live in a haunted house?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Default Would you live in a haunted house?

Well?

Absolutely. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or the supernatural at all, so I think it would be fun to try and look out for weird things happening in what people would call a haunted house.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Is it like Casper the Friendly Ghost Haunted? Yes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Is it like Casper the Friendly Ghost Haunted? Yes.
    His uncles would wreck your trout though.

Blog Entries

My mothers house is haunted. Not like poltergeist type haunted but, footsteps, doors opening and closing. That sort of stuff. I've heard VERY clear banging coming from the third floor, went up the only stairs to the third floor and no one was there. My mom has heard footsteps across the third floor many, many times and thought it was me as my bedroom was there. But, I would come home later in the night and she'd get all freaked out because she thought I was already home. Also footsteps going up and down the stairs quite often. Once I was laying on my bed and heard footsteps come up the stairs and to my bedroom door, stop at the door and then continue in my room to the foot of my bed and stop there. The door never opened and no one was there.

I should note, my mothers house is about 160 years old and was at one point in it's life a funeral home and originally the home of a doctor.
    A psychic was once at the house and said there are 4 ghosts living in the house but all are to an extent nice ghosts and they just love the house and didn't want to leave it. And that they liked our family for cleaning the house up and making it look nice again.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

No such trout as ghost and goblins outside of video games so yes. They don't exist so why be scared of nothing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Idk, my father-in-law's house is pretty haunted with stereos blasting at night, light going on, and disembodied footsteps - regular stuff. I'd still like to be in one, as I'm super fascinated by that stuff.

I don't believe in haunted houses.

I do believe in haunted people. In fact, they're exceedingly common. People can be haunted by memories, particularly the memories of people they've lost. Or, they can be haunted by their own mortality, the knowledge that some day they won't be around anymore. There's nothing supernatural in either of those, though.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that ghosts (in the supernatural sense) 100% don't exist, but I'm pretty sure. 90%.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the idea of living in a haunted house. I had some strange occurrences in my parents' house that I like to interpret in a haunted way. Lights go on and off on occasion, doors opening and closing, those usual things. I also have a distinct memory as a kid of waking up and seeing this floating blue orb like thing which I'm pretty convinced is just a dream, but it freaked me out. Similarly, earlier this year I woke up to a woman's voice saying my name, but there was no one else in the house. The next day I woke up in the middle of the night to a woman's voice again and saw a woman standing a few feet from my bed who disappeared after a minute. Again, I'm sure it was a dream.

Oh, I also used to hear radio static coming from a specific wall in our upstairs as a kid that freaked me out. That same spot, if I was talking on the phone, I'd end up having the signal of someone else's phone disrupting mine, and I'd hear a woman's voice that sounded a lot like one of my mom's friends. The weird thing was that that started the day after she died.

I love being scared and dealing with horror related things though. I'd love to live somewhere known for being terrifyingly haunted for a while.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Depends on the attractiveness level of the ghost.

What? You've all seen Ghostbusters.

Blog Entries

I'd try it for a week to see if it was actually haunted.

It would be pretty cool if I owned the only place that can be proven to be the nexus between the living and the dead.

Unless this is a universe where legitimate hauntings are common, then it would depend on the price of the house and the cost of living in the area and whether it makes an easy commute
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Only if it is PG13. No horny adult ghosts.