Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn 2.0 Trailer from TGS 2015.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Dawn 2.0 Trailer from TGS 2015.

So we got a new trailer so far from TGS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but these trailers are terrible. I can't think of a single thing it showed me that I wanted to know, or wouldn't have been better left within the context of the full game. There is absolutely nothing hype inducing about the clips they've chosen to show us so far. We already know the graphics are good, it doesn't make the story any clearer, and in the case of this trailer we've seen 80% of it already. I can't believe I was more hyped about this game before the demo and new stream of media started getting released. Top notch marketing, SE.

I really think we're witnessing a company in full "they're going to buy it anyway" mode.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    it doesn't make the story any clearer, and in the case of this trailer we've seen 80% of it already. I can't believe I was more hyped about this game before the demo and new stream of media started getting released. Top notch marketing, SE.

I really think we're witnessing a company in full "they're going to buy it anyway" mode.
    I kinda like how breadcrumby they are being with the trailers honestly haha. I hated that the trailers for XIII showed stuff from pretty much the end of the game....hell, they even spoiled some of the story reveals. That's a trend that all media has been following for the past decade or so. I know everything I need to know at this point!

Although I'm sure we'll get the big spoiler-ey ones closer to release.

That was much better than the last Dawn trailer. I got a pretty significant 'Luna is a badass' vibe from this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    it doesn't make the story any clearer, and in the case of this trailer we've seen 80% of it already. I can't believe I was more hyped about this game before the demo and new stream of media started getting released. Top notch marketing, SE.

I kinda like how breadcrumby they are being with the trailers honestly haha. I hated that the trailers for XIII showed stuff from pretty much the end of the game....hell, they even spoiled some of the story reveals. That's a trend that all media has been following for the past decade or so. I know everything I need to know at this point!

Although I'm sure we'll get the big spoiler-ey ones closer to release.
    I agree with this! They set the tone much more than just spoil the story like XIII did, as you said which, quite frankly, is exactly what a trailer should do.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like how she just pushed the gun out of the way while giving them a blank face as they've got them pointed at her. Like I don't give two smurfs

Ooo i found some concept art. Looks like the dragoon lady is with her

Is she holding that trident? Because she just elevated to a whole new level if she is holding that trident.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gotta admit, this kicks my interest back up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

You know... doesn't that guy whose gun she is shoving away look like a Wedge circa FFVIII? I feel like he's standing in quite a Wedge-like way. Like he's panicking and looking towards his commander for an answer and his commander isn't going to shoot either because he doesn't have a clue. He doesn't get paid enough for this. I mean he used to be a big shot until that communication tower thing and now he's just a Lieutenant doing grunt work, holding a gun to this woman who looks harmless enough but she still gives him the creeps somehow.

Hmm. Where was I? I kinda got distracted there.

I'm just glad we got to see a bit more of the scene where young Noctis is cradled by his crying father. We definitely haven't seen enough of that yet. 10/10

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well the description on fb when posted was

With a mere wave of her hand, Lady Lunafreya of Tenebrae brushes aside the imperial soldiers surrounding her. She accepts her trident from her attendant, and sets off to commune with the gods. As the Oracle, she enjoys the adoration of supporters the world over. What sort of monster could point a gun at such a divine creature?
    So I think she's gonna summon Leviathan!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm sorry, but these trailers are terrible. I can't think of a single thing it showed me that I wanted to know, or wouldn't have been better left within the context of the full game. There is absolutely nothing hype inducing about the clips they've chosen to show us so far. We already know the graphics are good, it doesn't make the story any clearer, and in the case of this trailer we've seen 80% of it already. I can't believe I was more hyped about this game before the demo and new stream of media started getting released. Top notch marketing, SE.
    I couldn't agree less. I'm loving it, how they're drip feeding this stuff to us and leaving everything in an ere of ambiguity.

It takes me back to like, when that "Deep Dive" trailer from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Another Side, Another Story were first leaked onto the internet all those years ago. You just had no clue what the bigger context was, and neither did anyone else, and it made you excited for the answer to all the questions that footage raised to be finally answered in the form of a new game.

I couldn't be happier with it. It's a return to form for Square's marketing techniques and I hope they do it more with future games. It's certainly better than the "HERE'S THREE SEVEN MINUTE TRAILERS THAT SPOIL EVERY MAJOR EVENT IN THE GAME JUST LIKE HOLLYWOOD MOVIE TRAILERS DO!" approach they've been taking for the last few years.
    I like Kung-Fu.