Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 Delayed Until Summer 2016

Default Persona 5 Delayed Until Summer 2016

http://nichegamer.com/2015/09/person...d-summer-2016/

But hey! The new trailer shows off a lot of interesting things at least. ;_;

Not with the lack of info coming out on it.

About long enough for me to play 4 first then

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    About long enough for me to play 4 first then
    I still need to complete P3P and then start 4 xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It looks so dark though! I love it!
    It looks really dark. I'm excited though. By the time I've completed P3P and P4 Golden, it'll be closer to release!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry I haven't commented on this, I've been too busy trying to get my jaw back into place because it dropped pretty hard watching this trailer.

I am loving what I'm seeing. It still has those goofy moments but the game looks decidedly darker than P4 which was a bit too bright and "friendship is magic" for my taste. The character profiles give this game a real Persona 2 feel which I am more than happy to see. Still intrigued by how they are going back to some of the old MegaTen elements like two types of weapons (melee and guns) and the fact they are fighting demons again. Makes me wonder if we might get conversations back as well.

Loving what I'm seeing with the gameplay as well, jumping into pictures, platforming and more interesting and dynamic level designs. I mean checking out the mini-map when you're walking around towns just shows a lot went into this. I'm sad it's delayed until next year but I feel the trailer justified the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It still has those goofy moments but the game looks decidedly darker than P4 which was a bit too bright and "friendship is magic" for my taste.
    As compared to what? Persona 3 where the end of the game was literally Spoilered for the guy in the thread who has yet to beat P3 the Protaganist calls upon the power of his bonds and friendship to hold back the end of the world

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It still has those goofy moments but the game looks decidedly darker than P4 which was a bit too bright and "friendship is magic" for my taste.
    As compared to what? Persona 3 where the end of the game was literally Spoilered for the guy in the thread who has yet to beat P3 the Protaganist calls upon the power of his bonds and friendship to hold back the end of the world
    Not spoiling either of these great games for those who haven't played them yet.The difference is subtlety. P3's calling on the bonds works towards the story's overall theme of finding meaning in mortality and accepting ones death, which is through the bonds we make with others. The P3 Protagonist largely answers mankind's call for their own destruction by answering the question of the meaning of life. It's pretty dark and meta, especially since they don't survive the encounter either, leaving the game with a very bittersweet ending. P4 is about not hiding the truth from yourself but also really plays up the whole friendship angle harder than P3 ever did. Honestly the Social Link system exists in P4 because it was super popular in P3. In P3, it tied into the overall narrative and theme of the game. P4's does as well but I find that P3's theme and use of Social Links was much more profound.

I also just don't see this cast having wacky extracurricular activities at the local Wal...er Junes. It feels a bit obvious the cast is made up of outcasts and delinquents, something it shares with Persona 2's cast. I just get a Persona 2 feel which was the last time the series was really dark.

(SPOILER) I never really felt the friendship is magic theme at all from Persona 3. To me, even the ending was more of a "Protecting those you love is magic" thing. Heck, I didn't even feel like ANY of the cast were friends with each other except during the walks with Koromaru.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    (SPOILER) I never really felt the friendship is magic theme at all from Persona 3. To me, even the ending was more of a "Protecting those you love is magic" thing. Heck, I didn't even feel like ANY of the cast were friends with each other except during the walks with Koromaru.
    Yeah the P3 party felt more like a very synergetic team of co-workers that will eventually go their separate ways but probably keep in touch while P4 felt like back in high school when you said things like "ok we are going to be best friends together and when we grow up we're all going to be room mates in one giant house and every day is going to be amazing and great because friendship." I really liked both to be honest c:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is nothing wrong with P4's friendship message to be honest, I think my issue might be how overexposed P4 has been since it's probably the farthest away from the core series, so I'm kind of digging the idea that P5 feels like it's taking it's cues from the pre-P3 titles. It's interesting how we've been seeing dungeons (that actually look fun to traverse, which will be a first for the Persona series) and just waltzing about the city, but we haven't seen much on the social link aspect. This makes me wonder what they might be doing on that end to shake it up; since P5 feels like an actual evolution to what P3 introduced as a game concept, and P4 refined. Super stoked about this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, about that P2 business, there's one party member here that really reminds me of Jun. Anyone else see it?

There is nothing wrong with P4's friendship message to be honest, I think my issue might be how overexposed P4 has been since it's probably the farthest away from the core series, so I'm kind of digging the idea that P5 feels like it's taking it's cues from the pre-P3 titles. It's interesting how we've been seeing dungeons (that actually look fun to traverse, which will be a first for the Persona series) and just waltzing about the city, but we haven't seen much on the social link aspect. This makes me wonder what they might be doing on that end to shake it up; since P5 feels like an actual evolution to what P3 introduced as a game concept, and P4 refined. Super stoked about this game.
    I'm hoping there will be multiple ways to handle each social link, kind of like how P4 allowed both a lovers/friendship path, and give you a either a different or modified version of the Persona for maxing the link. I'd want it to be a bit more complex then the P4 path, mind you, but just something I think could be more expanded on.

And can we please see a return of three seperate attack types? I miss that.