Thread: Persona 5 Delayed Until Summer 2016

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, since there's already guns and swords for each character in the trailer, I'm guessing it's safe to say there's at least those two types.

I wish that the Social Link system would be less a puzzle and more a way of allowing you to ACTUALLY say what you want to the people. Maybe even add in negative levels where you can get characters to dislike you instead of becoming best friends, and still counting as social link levels.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    (SPOILER) I never really felt the friendship is magic theme at all from Persona 3. To me, even the ending was more of a "Protecting those you love is magic" thing. Heck, I didn't even feel like ANY of the cast were friends with each other except during the walks with Koromaru.
    Admittedly, I haven't completed all of the game just yet (I'm up to November) but I disagree. The main cast does squabble, quite a bit at times, but I feel genuine connections between most, if not all of the gang. Rather touching, I think. Yukari and Junpei may bicker, but they do care for each other. Fuuka and Yukari are typical gal pals when around each other. Mitsuru is the mother of the group, and Akihiko keeps a caring watch over Ken. Everyone likes Koro-chan.

I'm not entirely certain if they would become friends naturally if there was no dark hour, but over the course of the game, I think it does switch from 'colleague' to 'friend'.

I wish that the Social Link system would be less a puzzle and more a way of allowing you to ACTUALLY say what you want to the people. Maybe even add in negative levels where you can get characters to dislike you instead of becoming best friends, and still counting as social link levels.
    Having a negative scale would be interesting, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    You can break some Social Links if you go about them the wrong way.

Also, part of the point of the system is, again, the idea of a Persona in Jung's theories of psychology. The different masks that you wear for different situations. Your character is adapting to each situation with a different face, a different self. That's why you get the bonuses for having the matching Persona Arcana with you. It's about adapting yourself to the situation. Playing the role to the best of your ability.

Persona Friends.png
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.