Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best New Game You've Played This Year

Until Dawn was like my own private The Last of Us. I know most people don't see it that way. But it was everything I was wanting and needing. So kudos to them

I also need to think what I've played this year. Or what even came out this year

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced will likely be my game of the year in the end though

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably MGSV as it currently stands. Still haven't finished it but so far it's been a blast and I've sunk over thirty hours into and still refuse to move onto Africa. I need DD to have 100% affinity with me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Devil on G-string. I finished it on January 1st, it counts.

Transistor. They just did so many things right. It was tight and succinct, themed well, and lots of fun. Beautiful, too.

I hadn't played Xenoblade Chronicles til the 3DS version. That just blew me away. Can't believe I nearly missed something like that. It went straight into my top 5 games of all time list.

I'd also weirdly never played Twilight Princess until this year. Dunno why. It's one of the only Zeldas I'd yet to play. I think it's the really boring start that was a bit of a hurdle the last time I tried. Now I'm about a third of the way through it and like it a lot so far. Not quite as memorable as Ocarina but certainly one of the better ones. I like that it's fairly heavy on storytelling for a Zelda game too. Complete opposite of ALBW on 3DS.

So, I might have to change my vote -- a translation for the original Romancing SaGa was released and I'm absolutely loving it. There are a lot of dated mechanics and questionable choices present in the title, but it hasn't stopped me sinking over 40 hours in at the moment. Eventually I will figure out a way to do ALL of the quests in a single playthrough. >: D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Lego Marvel Superheroes. Basically what I imagine the MCU would be if they owned everything.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Lego Marvel Superheroes. Basically what I imagine the MCU would be if they owned everything.
    Yeah, this is very fun. It's probably a close 2nd to the Star Wars Saga one.

In January they're going to do an Lego Avengers game that is somewhat based off the movies (it will feature characters not in the MCU movies, like Wolverine).

Blog Entries

The only new game I've played this year is MGSV

edit: actually read the first post. If its just a game thats new to me then AntiChamber is one of the best games I've ever played and definitely the best game I've played this year.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FFXIV: Heavensward, followed by GTA V. There have been a lot of decent games I've played this year, but nothing worth puttin up on the level of those two. FFXIV HW may be an expansion, but I found the story and gameplay exclusive to the expansion to be rather epic and awesome.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I hadn't played Xenoblade Chronicles til the 3DS version. That just blew me away. Can't believe I nearly missed something like that. It went straight into my top 5 games of all time list.

I'd also weirdly never played Twilight Princess until this year. Dunno why. It's one of the only Zeldas I'd yet to play. I think it's the really boring start that was a bit of a hurdle the last time I tried. Now I'm about a third of the way through it and like it a lot so far. Not quite as memorable as Ocarina but certainly one of the better ones. I like that it's fairly heavy on storytelling for a Zelda game too. Complete opposite of ALBW on 3DS.
    gadamn. i might have to change my vote because it just occured to me that I too played this for the first time this year. on my wiiu, even.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pillars of Eternity, Darkest Dungeon, and Cities: Skylines were pretty damn amazing.

For me this is a tossup between Bloodborne and Darkest Dungeon. Even if their initial learning curves felt more like attempts to reach through the screen and claw my face off.... Both have very satisfying combat systems, and the bosses were spectacles unto themselves. Now to find something I could praise highly for it's story this year.