Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you play FFIX without the Internet?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never beat Ozma because I don't really care that much about beating it. I've heard Ozma can be relatively easy or hard to beat just because of random factors in the battle that you can't really prepare for. So the battle could be a pain even with a guide, or you could be lucky and just win first try. I can't remember for sure if that's the boss I'm thinking of though. VIII and X-2 were the only games I really messed with super bosses.

Honestly, other than MP and HP, stats don't really matter in FFIX. You could have 20 STR vs 32 STR on a character and cause rather similar damage on same-stat weapons. So, Ozma is really stat-independent. And it REALLY is RNG more than anything else in that fight. You could just go into the fight with 0 abilities equipped and melee him to death, or you could go in with a perfectly optimal setup and get creamed in 2 rounds. (2 because Auto-Life)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

You can, easily, but like with basically every FF game aside of XIII, no way are you going to get all the secret stuff without a guide.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Idk bout very sidequest. But its definatly possible to get to ozma without a guide. Even dumb me did it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Killing Ozma isn't about getting secret super gear and over-powering the thing. You don't even have to be anywhere near max level. It's about having the right abilities equipped, which can be learned by fighting him once or twice, and luck. Nothing in this game needs a guide, but some things that make it easier would be difficult to find without one.