Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tabata Reveals some more info about Luna freya, the plot, camping, and DLC for FFXV.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo Tabata Reveals some more info about Luna freya, the plot, camping, and DLC for FFXV.

In a few interviews held at TGS this year,
    Tabata revealed some more interesting information about the game besides some concept art, a 2.0 trailer, and Chocobos.

The party won't investigate the Meteor from the one town revealed a while back. You'll learn about it when you visit but it's not vital to the overall story.

The party is not a boy band, so don't expect them to perform a J-Pop performance like Yuna.

Tabata agrees with fans and is trying to get Yoko Shimomoru to compose their own take on the classic FF Theme.

Moogles are still MIA for the game as Tabata wants to put them in for the fans but is trying to find a way to make it work with the game's world.

There are many different fishes to catch, and doing so will increase the amount of recipes as you get, as the party will insist on Ignis trying to cook each new one. There are several different types of fish and he currently want to make fishing something you can do on the boat ride.

Each party member has a different interest/hobby that plays into the game. Ignis cooks as we all know, but Prompto likes taking pictures of the journey and he may be keeping a record of it. Gladio enjoys camping so he's generally in charge of setting up camp and is a big fan of Coleman Camping products (which is a real company) he will also come up with new fighting moves for the party to try out which unlocks more assist moves.

You can't fight while riding a chocobo, in fact it's possible for Chocobos to just abandon you and run away when monsters are spotted. There are different types of veggies in the game you can feed them which will increase their intelligence and morale to help avoid this. Black Chocobos are still being worked on but are apparently very special as you have to catch them in the wild.

Lunfreya's is trying to prevent the world from being plunged into darkness. Apparently she is trying to prevent the Plague of the Stars which is making the world be plunged into eternal night. As the game goes on, nights will get longer and days will get significantly shorter. This is why the word Dawn, in the trailer is important. Think of it like Game of Thrones and Winter...

Lunafreya has been confirmed to be a guest character who will fight with the party.

The dog in the trailer is apparently Lunafreya's and is a special guardian for her and not just a pet.

Noctis apparently suffered a grievous injury as a child and had to recoup with Luna's household, they made a promise then to each other that has nothing to do with their arranged marriage.

Tabata will place airships in the game, but due to time constraints, they won't be available when the game is released as he doesn't wish to delay this game further. Instead they will be DLC, which Tabata has made it clear, will be completely free.

Gilgamesh will also most likely appear as DLC content in the future due to fan requests.

Tabata wishes to make more story episodes of the characters as DLC to help players explore more about them and the world. DLC costumes have also been confirmed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

All this sounds actually pretty smurfing amazing. And I thought I couldn't get any more hyped!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Freya (she's not luna shudup) as a party member?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Gladio enjoys camping so he's generally in charge of setting up camp and is a big fan of Coleman Camping products (which is a real company)
    Product placement coming to video games?

The chocobo stuff sounds cool and respect to Tabata for making airship DLC free since it was intended to be a part of the main release. The story stuff also sounds intriguing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Some interesting info here! I'm glad to see that Luna will be joining the party at some point as a guest, and it will be interesting to see if there are any guest-specific assists.

Also I hope they call the dog Sir Fratley xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Story DLC? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Unless it's free story DLC, but after how FFXIII-2 handled that, I'm not holding my breath.

Also Final Fantasy is the last series I'd have ever expected real world product placement to take place. Booooooooooo.

The rest of that sounds cool though.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I hope they have an alligator fiend that drops Gatorade when defeated.

They don't need to make Moogles a big part of the game. They could just allude to them in some way. Or have them part of some drug induced sidequest, sponsored by Prescott Pharmaceuticals.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Gladio enjoys camping so he's generally in charge of setting up camp and is a big fan of Coleman Camping products (which is a real company)
    Product placement coming to video games?
    Well that's actually been going on for awhile actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Story DLC? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Unless it's free story DLC, but after how FFXIII-2 handled that, I'm not holding my breath.
    From what I've gathered, these story segments would be purely sidequest in nature and not a major part of the plot. Basically sidestories to meet weird characters like Gilgamesh or expand the backstories of some of the characters.

Also Final Fantasy is the last series I'd have ever expected real world product placement to take place. Booooooooooo.
    Um, dude. Advent Children was filled with product placements, the cell phones everyone used in the movie are a specific Motorola phone and Cloud's shades were a real brand of glasses as well. Hell Noctis and Co. clothing are a real line of clothing in Japan designed by a real world designer. It's been kind of going on for awhile.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Remember when buying a FF game meant you got the complete, full game in one package?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Remember when buying a FF game meant you got the complete, full game in one package?
    Remember when that was true for every game? Times have changed, man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't really like DLC. Although I do like the outfits, kinda, and a female guest character, kinda.

I don't know. To be honest I'm kind of tired of announcements. This game has taken so long that I'm just tired of it all now. I don't get excited for the announcements as much as I should, I just feel like it should be out by now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Exectation: Airship DLC, free. All other DLC, not free. If any of it is going to be free it will probably be something to do with the character development ones. Costumes? Definitely pay-for stuff. Gilgamesh? Likewise.

No complaints, though. Paid-for DLC is "on top of the main game" for me. I very rarely get it unless I feel the game is so good that it's worth the extra quid.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

So that's why they're all dressed in black...if you want colour, you gotta pay for it! I'll just stick with the costumes given to me. I WILL pay for story DLC though if it's priced right and there's enough content to justify whatever price they give it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Remember when that was true for every game? Times have changed, man.
    Oh yay, that totally means it's alright now and not a troutty development. Give me a break. Times have changed, yes. For the worse.