Thread: Moogles confirmed for Final Fantasy XV

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Moogles confirmed for Final Fantasy XV

Tabata did an event over the last few weeks asking fans if they wanted to see moogles in the game and got a loud resounding yes. He has confirmed on his twitter today that the devs will place them in the game. Though he has stated that since they don't wish to delay the game further, their placement in the game will be more light and more like an easter egg as opposed to placing one in the same capacity as Mog from earlier installments.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They also wont be talking much at all. Read that today too.

I'm just glad we'll have them somewhere in it. I don't care if it's just a little side thing, it's just an FF THING.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh goodness, YES. I love me some moogles, kupo! Though I don't think anything can beat Ivalice Moogles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay, but the next game needs to have a giant moogle that is just the cutest thing you've ever seen. When you see it you go "Aww, how cute!" And then it reaches down, grab your character, and squeezes the life out of them!

Thank goodness. So glad this critical issue has been sorted. Glad we're still crowd sourcing design ideas 9 years into production. I am filled with confidence.

I'm surprised this was the news to turn me into a cynic but there's just something about seeing 'Moogles confirmed for FFXV' plastered on Eurogamer that kills my hype. It just makes it feel like there's no vision. "Hey, suddenly had a thought: do you guys want us to include these things that you always find in Final Fantasy games in this Final Fantasy game? You do? What an incredible outcome! We'll try to shoehorn them in for you, don't you worry about that!"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

^ Yeah it's a bit ridiculous at this point. This game is a parody of itself. I'm only surprised that he gave this information away for free on Twitter rather than announcing that it would be revealed in a future announcement.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The game lost it's cred when it stopped being Versus XIII and even that game became a joke after five years of no real info. Let's face it, SE seriously dropped the ball on this game ages ago but I'm happy it actually seems like it's getting done so we can get past this point in the series history.

To be fair to Tabata, he mentioned awhile back moogles were no going to be in the game and got some flack for it which is why he chose to survey how interested fans were. I'll judge the game whenever it finally sees release but considering Tabata also announced the pre-BETA is finished (meaning the basic core of the game is complete and it's now just adding in the extraneous polish) means that it will likely release soon rather than another few years.

To be honest, it may have been a safer bet to just silently kill VsXIII and just make FFXV from scratch but it also seems like SE has company wide internal issues when developing. I still feel the VII remake is just a ploy from the company to make back rep from their poor development track record and even that game is not likely to see the light of day within this decade if their previous track records are anything to go by.

They were able to turn XIV around thankfully and perhaps the same will be true for XV. Who knows. I'm hoping Tabata can salvage this train wreck but it's chances of revitalizing the core fanbase were probably lost years ago.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The fact that this game is supposedly coming out next year and here we are in November still hearing the devs talk about just now adding this that and the other worries me greatly.

I don't know if I'm more worried that it will come out next year half-finished or more worried that it will end up being...PUSHED BACK...*shudder*.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    The fact that this game is supposedly coming out next year and here we are in November still hearing the devs talk about just now adding this that and the other worries me greatly.

I don't know if I'm more worried that it will come out next year half-finished or more worried that it will end up being...PUSHED BACK...*shudder*.
    It's pretty much in BETA at this point meaning the core game is done and it's just making magic effects sparkle 12% better and adding side content that was low priority. This also confirms my theory that VersusXIII never really got out of pre-production phase for the eight years it existed.

I wouldn't worry about it being pushed back and Tabata seems like he's happy with development meaning it's likely still on schedule. The Moogle thing is largely just him catering to fan blowup when he casually mentioned moogles were not going to be in the game. Much like how Lunafreya went from being an NPC to a guest party member between announcements. Of anything Tabata may be catering to fans a little too much at this point. I feel if he simply just gave us an actual release date, and then focused on making that deadline, most fans would be content.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love how the announcement of something as innocent as moogles still makes people upset about the game

Although I have to say, Mog in XIII-2 was pretty terrible. I'm actually glad they're going to be uninvasive this time around.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it would be pretty cool to have another Moogle village like FFV or Secret of Mana just hidden away somewhere on the world map and finding it nets you Molulu's charm or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool to have another Moogle village like FFV or Secret of Mana just hidden away somewhere on the world map and finding it nets you Molulu's charm or something.
    This is what I'm anticipating as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Tabata did an event over the last few weeks asking fans if they wanted to see moogles in the game and got a loud resounding yes. He has confirmed on his twitter today that the devs will place them in the game. Though he has stated that since they don't wish to delay the game further, their placement in the game will be more light and more like an easter egg as opposed to placing one in the same capacity as Mog from earlier installments.
    So basically their exact same appearance in the demo?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Wasn't that the Chocobos?
    Moogles were featured in the demo. I didn't even notice until someone uploaded a picture on Twitter.

image.jpeg

So I assume they'll look like this, kupo!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>