View Poll Results: If you could only read one, which would you pick?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter & the Philosopher/Sorceror's Stone

1 5.56%
  • Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets

0 0%
  • Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban

5 27.78%
  • Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

4 22.22%
  • Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

3 16.67%
  • Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince

2 11.11%
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

2 11.11%
  • I haven't read any of the Harry Potter & the Books

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Harry Potter book...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The worse part about that is Sirius gave Harry a means to contact him any time he wanted, and he only thought to use it AFTER his untimely death. Don't bother to use it to confirm whether or not what you're seeing is real before you go riding off to the Ministry or anything. Only part of the book I remember being irked about.
    This so much. The character only died so there would be a end-of-book tragedy that's bigger than Goblet's, and to give the book some depth, and to maybe signal to readers that nobody is safe anymore, any character now can die. Sirius is more than that and could've easily survived to have his freedom and be a father figure to help Harry after Voldy's death. Urgh * angry face *

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

On the topic of HBP - I really loved it, I think I finished it in two days or so. I just really loved the mood whiplash. On one hand you have horny teenagers doing horny teenager things, and then you have Voldemort's past and basically the darkest things in the book up until that point. It was a wild ride.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Half-Blood Prince is by far my favorite. It's not even a contest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've just decided to give these books another read through. It's pretty rare when I actually read through books multiple times despite thinking about reading some of my favorites fairly often. I'm already really excited as I've begun to read Sorcerer's Stone, and it is still a really fun read. It's been a long time since I've read the books, so it will be interesting to see how my opinion might change in this read through.

I'm not entirely sure which book would be my favorite to read over and over since I've read 1-4 twice and the rest only once. Sorcerer's Stone really captured my imagination and I think helped shape my joy of writing. I remember not really liking the character of Professor Quirrell, but I was immersed in the world and overall story that it didn't bother me too much. Chamber of Secrets disappointed me for some reason. I still enjoyed it, but something felt off throughout if I remember right. Prisoner of Azkaban was much better though, and it edged out the first by a bit for me. Goblet of Fire was the first I was really obsessed with though. I couldn't put that book down and there wasn't anything that I didn't enjoy about it. It stayed as my number 1 favorite book for a while. Order of the Phoenix had some of my favorite moments in the series if I remembered right, but overall I didn't enjoy that book. I remember it being kind of boring, too. I think I appreciate it more now that when I first read it, so I'm interested to see my thoughts when I get to that book. Half Blood Prince had my attention all throughout, and it immediately jumped ahead of Goblet of Fire. I think it is the most fun and most interesting to read of all of the books. Deathly Hallows had me hooked all the way to the end too, but that was just because I was excited to get to the conclusion of the story. It wasn't near as good as HBP to me.

So, at this moment I think I HBP would be the one I could read continuously if I could only read one Harry Potter book. Order of the Phoenix and Chamber of Secrets would be down at the bottom though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Hmm this is tough. Either Goblet of Fire or Deathly Hallows. Both were great books. Since Freya already voted for Goblet I'll go with the Hallows.
    Yeah, these would be my two choices too. Goblet of Fire had so many good parts but the gaping plot hole with the Tri-Wizard cup still really annoys me. The Deathly Hallows has so many beautiful paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    See I wasn't a fan of Azkaban. When I originally read it after Chamber I was kind of like "uhhh what's the point of this book, voldemort isn't even in it." I mean I understand NOW but when I was younger I wasn't a fan and I still like the others better haha
    Its weird. Azkaban is my favourite film. It's just exactly how I would envisage Harry's time at Hogwarts. I don't really enjoy Azkaban as a book anymore though. The time-travelling aspect really grates on me. There is no way they would trust a third-year student witch with time travel.

I think JK Rowling realised how stupid it was. That's why she destroyed all the time-turners at the end end of Order of Phoenix.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Breaking Dawn
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, probably the first one. I keep thinking of the later books, but they all have their.. things about them.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Half Blood Prince tbh!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Oh, Ayen's gonna be thrilled once he comes back to this thread XD
    You're right. Order of Phoenix is in third place in the polls 8D