Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pan

Blog Entries

The Smells Like Teen Spirit scene was way more enjoyable than it had any right to be.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of enjoyed the movie but also thought it was really terrible. I think I just enjoyed it somewhat because I didn't have to pay for it.

It was weird having more modern songs being sung by the Neverland people while this movie was set during WWII times. That was the first thing that REALLY pulled me out of the movie. They could have done something interesting there with Neverland being an alternate dimension thing and having Blackbeard happen to come from more alternate times, but no. It just didn't make sense. I still kind of enjoyed the scene for how bad it was.

I honestly haven't read the original Peter Pan story. All of my experience comes from either the Disney cartoon or Hook. Based around my understanding of Peter Pan, it felt like a lot of the only real connections to the story were just small nods in that a fairy was named Tinkerbell, that one crocodile making an appearance, the Jolly Roger, and just names of characters. It could have been interesting seeing Peter and Hook become friends but turn into enemies by the end. I dunno, it just felt like there was potential to do a lot of interesting things, but all of those things were just maybe hinted at and then dropped.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I did not enjoy the Smells Like Teen Spirit Scene because I hate fun, obvs.

Here are a few questions I had that have no answers:

why was it set in WWII peter pan was written in 1911

why did blackbeard want to kill all fairies when he needed them to continue to make the fairy dust so he could live forever

why was he concerned with living forever when he lives in neverland

why did the fairies sound like that when they should sound like bells that's the whole reason tinkerbell was named as such

why did all the pirate ships fly

why were hook and tiger lily in love

at the end hook was all "what could possibly happen between us" WELL WHAT HAPPENED there is literally no way to reconcile what happened in this movie with the actual story so plz help me out here movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    why was it set in WWII peter pan was written in 1911
    Blackbeard said he gathered boys from all eras or something along those lines, I assume the timestream of neverland is not parallel to earth and they can travel to any point in earth time to take children from. He gathered Peter from WWII and Peter later went to 1911 to take Wendy, this explains how Blackbeard has access to a song that was not written during WWII and Neon Lights

why did blackbeard want to kill all fairies when he needed them to continue to make the fairy dust so he could live forever
    He didn't that I can recall, but realistically he probably assumed he wouldnt be able to capture and enslave them, and I assumed the entire cavern was made of crystalised fairy dust, since small dregs have been keeping him alive for so long I assume that amount of fairy dust will last him for at least a million years.

why was he concerned with living forever when he lives in neverland
    In this version of the story people probably age in Neverland unless they use Fairy Dust, Hook aged (I assume he was kidnapped by blackbeard at a young age) and I actually think it's a pretty reasonable explanation. I havent read the original play but I don't think its ever explicitly stated Neverland automatically gives you the power to not grow up, only Peter has this power.

why did the fairies sound like that when they should sound like bells that's the whole reason tinkerbell was named as such
    You got me there, cave acoustics?

why did all the pirate ships fly
    Maybe, Fairy Dust? It might be a calculated economic risk to spend fairy dust to collect more boys to collect more fairy dust. Also some of the miners probably die and have to be replaced so the use of fairy dust to attain more seams reasonable.

why were hook and tiger lily in love
    No idea, maybe this is a set up for why Hook would later hate Peter. Unless you mean why as in why would those two ever like each other in which case probably because Hook hasnt seen a woman since he was a kid and since Tiger Lily likes bad boys.

at the end hook was all "what could possibly happen between us" WELL WHAT HAPPENED there is literally no way to reconcile what happened in this movie with the actual story so plz help me out here movie
    Probably building up for a sequel that wont happen though I agree this shouldve been a movie about how Hook and Pan became enemies as all accounts from the original story are vague and there was a lot of room to work with.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 10-20-2015 at 11:27 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!