Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final announced by Atlus today.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

W~Post!!!

We got a teaser trailer and some more info.

• The game will not have a Law or Chaos path, instead it will feature several variations of the Neutral path.
    • Though you don't need to play SMTIV to understand SMTIVF, there will be several call backs to the original for fans who played the SMTIV.
    • The main character will be a traditional silent protagonist and he uses a smartphone as his COMP.
    • Asahi can be considered the heroine of the story and is one of the youngest characters in the main series. She's 15.
    • Navarre apparently suffered a very amusing and petty death. He has a more prominent role in this game than he did in SMTIV.
    • There will be over 450 demons in this game (suck it Pokemon) and several monsters from SMTIV have also been slightly redesigned such as Medusa and Lucifer who retain their SMTIV forms but seem to have been slightly redesigned to fit better in with the series normal design. Mermaids are one of the new monsters as well.
    • The Partner System is one of the game's new mechanics and will be different from the original. While Asahi and Navarre are confirmed partners, there are apparently some other humans who will join you.
    • There is a new Assist Attack mechanic but not much has been divulged yet. Also, Human partners will level up and can be customized like demons.
    • The Conversation system has been revamped.
    • Demons can use any ability but get bonuses for elements and abilities that in-line with their own affinities. In other words, Jack Frost can use Agi (Fire) spells but he gets bonus damage for using Bufu (Ice) magic.
    • Demon stats have also been altered from how they worked in SMTIV. Not sure if this means they level up differently now or if they simply readjusted and rebalanced them.
    • Isabeau has been confirmed as a character who will show up in the story. Hell yeah!
    • Fynn (SMTIV MC), may also show up but there seems to be some secret the staff is not divulging on that.
    • The title can be misleading but SMTIV: Final is not the last SMT game, there will be a SMTV and VI in the future so don't worry fans.

I'm getting psyched the more I hear about this.

I mean I can't bring myself to give a smurf about the human partners, but otherwise seems sweet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm happy she's finally getting character art work. Considering how often she popped up in the story, I felt she could have at least gotten a portrait picture considering actual story characters with less screen time got some.

I also hope the Demonica suit is available again in this game. I also hope you can acquire a "Samurai" uniform as well. I enjoy customizing my characters appearance in SMTIV.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So some people are theorizing that the new protagonist is Akira or a reincarnation, due to their similar eyebrows and scar placement. Not sure how probable that is, but it would be an intriguing twist.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's possible it's another reincarnation of the dude. Would be interesting seeing as how he was the other person besides Flynn who contributed to so much of the circumstances of the SMTIV world.