Thread: Halloween Gaming

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't have much time for games anymore, but I've decided today to finally start up the first Fatal Frame. I've been meaning to play it for quite a while!

In other years, I've usually done something like Silent Hill or something like that during October, but I devote most of the month to horror movies rather than games.

Too bad Until Dawn came out so early, it would have been perfect, but I played and beat it already. And there's too many good games coming out right now. Playing through Tales of Zestiria right now, and then Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced is coming out in a few days, and I am all over that

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes I've been playing the remake of Resident Evil. I may get the remastered version of Silent Hill 2. Maybe even a little Manhunt. It would probably not take me that long to play these games if I didn't have panic attacks in between every other thing.

I've always been told the silent hill remasters are garbage where they ruined the lip syncing somehow and took out all the fog and ruins the atmosphere entirely. May want to research how much they've changed that one. I wonder if there's a digital version on PSN of the original. Probably not, good ol' Konami

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I've been thinking about getting the new Fatal Frame for the WiiU. I'm not much for horror games, but I did play either the first or second one before and it was pretty scary, but I liked it. Also played some Silent Hill 3 before.

I really want the new Fatal Frame. Out just screamed hidden gem. For all its lack of polish it has a lot of charm. And from what I gather it's one of the least scary. I prefer a more legit experience with my horror games but I'd totally make an exception for that one

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have the Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters and they're fine. Yeah removing the fog makes it look dated but it looks dated anyway. It's still classic Silent Hill and it's still fun.

Gonna be giving Outlast a whirl myself!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Man, seasonal gaming is really a thing!