Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tifa's voice: is she a soprano or a mezzo-soprano?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tifa - Yuna voice
    Yuffie - Rikku voice
    Aeris - Who cares? She dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Tifa always struck me as similar to the kind of voice she has in the Japanese voice casting of her in Advent Children. It seemed about right. Maybe slightly less husky, if anything.
    Perhaps Ayumi Ito's voice is slightly huskier than Rachael Leigh Cook's voice, then? Sometimes, they may sound a little different.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Tifa - Yuna voice
    Yuffie - Rikku voice
    Aeris may be dead, but Aerith is alive and well in Traverse Town.

I always imagined her with a smooth feminine voice if that makes any sense.

If there is one thing i have learned from Internet.... Don't listen to ideas when it comes to dubbing games, in terms of using "anime" as an example. I swear... every voice actor who dubs those shows usually make girls who are at the age of 15 to the age of 5, because they can't make the english voice realistic in terms of age and just imitate the pitch that Japanese voice actor does.

I suggest have her in a stereotypical english teen voice, atleast if i had to choose between imitating japanese or die or the suggestion i made, then i'd rather prefer having the typical teenager english voice. Kinda like the english voice that "Alexis" from "Yugioh GX" has.
    Last edited by Rufsie; 10-11-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufsie View Post
    If there is one thing i have learned from Internet.... Don't listen to ideas when it comes to dubbing games, in terms of using "anime" as an example. I swear... every voice actor who dubs those shows usually make girls who are at the age of 15 to the age of 5, because they can't make the english voice realistic in terms of age and just imitate the pitch that Japanese voice actor does.

I suggest have her in a stereotypical english teen voice, atleast if i had to choose between imitating japanese or die or the suggestion i made, then i'd rather prefer having the typical teenager english voice. Kinda like the english voice that "Alexis" from "Yugioh GX" has.
    Hmmm I disagree, I find most Japanese anime have the female voices way too high pitched, borderline annoying when most Japanese girls IRL do not have such high pitched voices. I think Evangelion, School rumble, Cowboy beebop are all dubs superior to the original that got the female voices done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Heartilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufsie View Post

Hmmm I disagree, I find most Japanese anime have the female voices way too high pitched, borderline annoying when most Japanese girls IRL do not have such high pitched voices. I think Evangelion, School rumble, Cowboy beebop are all dubs superior to the original that got the female voices done right.
    Its only a few exceptions. Mostly they tend to be too lazy to try and think realistic. I mean 4kids atleast had it right when dubbing to make it sound like their age, unlike funimation which is so dull and just imitate everything basically just to please the simple minded anime community that is targeted for perverts in the first place. If 4kids hadn't censored stuff they'd probably not be in trouble, i mean... you can't change one bit to please the internet XD

Not that i like anime because its too melodramatic and bad in general. Most of them, some are ok though.
    https://youtu.be/5BBenTR8VNI

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Tifa - Yuna voice
    Yuffie - Rikku voice
    Aeris may be dead, but Aerith is alive and well in Traverse Town.

I always imagined her with a smooth feminine voice if that makes any sense.
    Too bad Tifa wasn't in that game too...

And when it comes to having a feminine voice, are you referring to Aerith, Tifa, or both of them?

And are some voices higher in English or Japanese?
    Is that your final answer?