View Poll Results: Which type of multiplayer do you prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Co-Op

11 73.33%
  • VS

4 26.67%
  • Teams

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're either with us or against us or both

Blog Entries

Default You're either with us or against us or both

Which type of multiplayer do you prefer?
    Co-Op games/modes where you work together?
    Single VS games/modes where you work against each other?
    Team VS games/modes where you have to work together better than the other team does?

Single player is not a topic for discussion in this thread.

I find a lot of my favourite multiplayer games are co-op. (Portal 2, Sanctum 2) I like some team games but that varies widely depending on who my team is. I don't like VS very much or MMOs (as I am not good at them)

Racing games are an exception for vs though but I do get bored after a few games unlike Co-Ops
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always been partial to a good co-op. Played some good two player games with my brother while he was staying with us. My nephew is terrible at any co-op where friendly fire is an option. He'll just continue to kill me over and over again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I freaking adore co-op games. I love working together with my friends, and I much prefer figuring out the mechanics of an AI than predicting (read: guessing, mostly) the ever-changing nature of a human opponent I've probably never met before.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

All? I'd say I play Co-op the least since it's not really a thing on PC.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I rarely ever play multiplayer anyway, but I remember good times solving puzzles (read: being directed by Mr. Carny as he solves them) with Mr. Carny in Portal 2. Despite never playing Portal 1 or the single-player.

Beyond that? I don't know, they all have their perks. Co-op is basically you +1 vs the computer, but if done imaginatively, and requiring both players to be real assets to the team, it can be great. I remember seeing two friends play through Borderlands 2 together: that was a good example.

VS has the added thrill of being able to humiliate your friends, the Super Smash Bros. series ranks among them, as does Mario Kart.

As for Team games, I never really played them that much, definitely not now.

It varies as well who I'm playing with. If it is with one person, probably Co-op. A group of friends? Probably VS by way of Super Smash or Mario Kart or other fun party game. But if I'm playing on-line with strangers, then probably Team. I'm not the person who chooses 'Deathmatch' or 'Free for All'. I'd get slaughtered. I prefer Teams as I generally played defense/support/distracting human shield.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Before Destiny I would say it was a pretty close call. Now though, doing strikes/raids with friends on Destiny is some of the most fun I've had in gaming.

Co-op all the way.

Absolutely love cooperative play. Especially on the rare occasions there is a worthwhile story. Usually your only options have been shooters and Diablo clones. Mix the two and you get Borderlands. But after experiencing something like LotR: War in the North with my girlfriend and its surprisingly excellent story and gameplay its hard to go back. Fortunately last generation wasn't quite as stagnant on coop as it sometimes felt. Resident Evil 5 helped a lot I think. Lots of great coop hidden gems

And thank goodness it has started to bleed over into this generation with Resident Evil Revelations 2 and now Divinity Original Sin Enhanced on PS4 and Xbox One. A full blown Baldurs Gate style CRPG with online and couch coop where the screen will split if you get too far apart and you can technically have separate mini adventures and stuff. With magic combat that plays like XCOM or an updated old school Fallout. Extremely fun. Very very ambitious. And super happy someone out there decided to give couch coop RPG players a taste of something outside of the Tales of series

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

All, I guess? I love the versus mini games in Mario Party, as well as Mario Kart in general, but I also love to play New Super Mario Bros with the whole family

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    All? I'd say I play Co-op the least since it's not really a thing on PC.
    There are a lot of co-op PC games...? I've played many of them.

All the votes so far are for co-op. \ ^_^ /

While I don't mind competing against people, I much prefer working with them. It feels the most rewarding to me.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Co-op on the couch, competitive at the battlestation!

Long live the coop revolution

GIve me some Co-op. Some great Co-op fun is why I enjoy Borderland so much.

There is a dissident among us! >: O

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every man for himself is preferred. About the only multiplayer I ever do is fighting games so versus is definitely my thing.