Thread: Aaaahh!! Haunted house!

Default Aaaahh!! Haunted house!

Have you guys tried going to haunted houses and being really scared outta your pants?? Were you severely frightened to oblivion?? I have not yet gone to one( hopefully Escobert will treat me to one) and would like to hear from you all your haunted house experiences and the thrill of how scared you all were.

Blog Entries

Haunted houses don't scare me. I must be too grounded. Also I help out with my mom's boyfriends' haunted house when I can by making props. I didn't get stuff ready in time this year though because she asked me way too late and I just didn't have time to help. But since I have supplies, ill probably toy around with projects for that until next year!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I feel mild tension usually, but that's only because I know just about every corner I turn will have some person doing a jump scare usually with wood banging on wood or something. I prefer the ones that are more atmospheric, and have cool optical illusions like the spinning tunnel with mirrors that always make you feel like you are walking with a tilt or something. It seems that most of them rely on you walking around in complete darkness until a dude just screams at you these days. Also, most of them are too expensive for what they are. When I was younger, even really great quality haunted houses charged 5 or 10 bucks. Now ones that only take 2 minutes to go through are at least 20-40 bucks!

Wow, that was a lot of me complaining! Oh, I remember something good. During Fright Fest at my area's Six Flags, the haunted house there actually used an idea I had for awhile! I always thought that if I ran a haunted house, I would play a really creepy track from the original Quake. Since it was pumped through a good sound system, it helped make the atmosphere of that haunted house very unsettling. Here is the track in question: