Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Undertale

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I agree that Genocide Sans is really interesting, especially with his fourth wall breaking knowledge and how he tried to fix things.

Mettatton is too funny Everything he touches is comedy gold. Celes scene knocked it out of the smurfing park.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah I agree that Genocide Sans is really interesting, especially with his fourth wall breaking knowledge and how he tried to fix things.

Mettatton is too funny Everything he touches is comedy gold. Celes scene knocked it out of the smurfing park.
    Okay, yeah, that scene was great. Overall though just ugghhhh. His game show personality grates on me. I'm surprised, I had assumed I would love him, and I didn't. I also assumed I'd hate Papyrus, and he's my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

What do you think of Undyne? I didn't really like her up until the WE'RE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS!!! scene which was tremendous.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What do you think of Undyne? I didn't really like her up until the WE'RE GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS!!! scene which was tremendous.
    Yeah, I was the same. She's great after that, though. I identify with the way she's kind of a dick to the people she loves. Also she's very contrary.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Sans smurfing sucks, Papyrus is goddamn EVERYTHING
    Yeah, I personally don't see why Sans ended up being one of the most popular characters - I'll admit I haven't played Undertale and only watched one Let's Play of the whole game, but within that Let's Play, Sans was barely noticeable in the whole thing; he was just there appearing in every(?) town, but not really doing anything. Maybe the YouTubers didn't bother to talk to him or do things with him much or something, but he never did anything that made him standout, while Papyrus was much more an actual character - in fact, I think they all were, compared to Sans.

No hate, it's just my turn to not get the popularity of a character. It is worth noting I've only seen a pacifist playthrough - I know there's an epic battle with him, if you do genocide.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Damn, it really sucks that the hype backlash on this game has claimed Sans and that since so many people like him, it seems that fans that are giving the game a shot feel obligated to hate him or say that he's overrated. Once again, I am so glad I caught this game before it got huge so I was able to approach it with a completely clean slate.

Anyway, I like Sans because as a person who like saying bad puns or using creative word play, that's what drew me to him at first. I also like that based on all the weird things he does, you slowly realize that he's self-aware of what is going on in Undertale. And as much as the fanbase has smurfing ruined the music and the concept of the boss fight with Sans at the end of the Genocide route, that whole sequence is still cool and very challenging when you first come across it. There is also a lot of mystery and underlying backstory connected to him, and that kind of stuff was my favorite things about old RPGs, which Undertale is trying to echo.

But nope. Everyone wants to circle jerk to his boss fight song and draw bad fan art of him crying his eyes out for Papyrus with his blue eye glowing brighter than 1000 suns. I'm not surprised new Undertale fans turn his nose up to him thanks to the melodramatic fanbase.

Articles

I keep hearing that Undertale's fan base is horrible and that there's some mind scarring things out there but on the whole I've not really seen it.

I was searching the soundtrack on YouTube and did see something called Undertale: The Musical and my first thought was "oh here we go" but it wasn't too bad actually. They'd just covered the OST with some fan lyrics (some kind of bad but some decent) and I ended up watching it all.

I also understand there's one with original songs and people dressed up as characters and I don't think I could stomach the cringe on that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved sans because even on the pacifist run you could see that aside from Flowey he was the only person aware of the fourth wall and he’s show up in random places. Then the random threatening lines clashed with his regular happy-go-lucky demeanor so well that overall he just made a huge impression and made you wonder what exactly he is throughout

I keep hearing that Undertale's fan base is horrible and that there's some mind scarring things out there but on the whole I've not really seen it.
    Most of it is on Deviant Art & Tumblr. Just some really strange and disturbing fanarts, and fans saying things like " Sans is a transgender demi female lesbian, and if you disagree with me, you are transphobic and homophobic, and you should die" !!!! etc

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, the annoying thing about it that I encountered was how everybody was yelling in your face about how it’s the best thing since slice bread and yet refused to say anything about it. Pretty frustrating

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Apparently some people get incredibly angry and abusive if you play the Genocide route, as well.

Like, yeah, it's mostly the Tumblr crowd that ruins the game for people. And furries.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Which sucks because the Genocide route is like where Undertale is kind of narratively really unique and awesome.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Most of it is on Deviant Art & Tumblr. Just some really strange and disturbing fanarts, and fans saying things like " Sans is a transgender demi female lesbian, and if you disagree with me, you are transphobic and homophobic, and you should die" !!!! etc
    I looked into this because I didn't think it could possibly be true and I am so sorry for doubting you. God damnit Tumblr.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

tumblr has no chill what can i say

but it’s not all bad, to be fair

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I couldn't bring myself to play Genocide even though that's like 1/3 of the story. I wouldn't feel good about doing it, though I do want to try the Sans battle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum