Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Undertale

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I couldn't bring myself to play Genocide even though that's like 1/3 of the story. I wouldn't feel good about doing it, though I do want to try the Sans battle.
    Now you can: https://jcw87.github.io/c2-sans-fight/

Spoiler warning: you're gonna have a bad time.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I mean, the annoying thing about it that I encountered was how everybody was yelling in your face about how it’s the best thing since slice bread and yet refused to say anything about it. Pretty frustrating
    To be fair it is because explaining almost anything this game has to offer would ruin the experience. Back when it was new most fans simply enjoyed the game and were asking people to take a chance on it simply because they didn't want to tarnish the experience. I love Undertale, but it really hinges on not knowing what the player is getting into exactly the first time through.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think it hinges on that quite that much. Like sure the cool things it does are more cool when you don't know they're coming, but it's not what makes Undertale a great game, IMO.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, Tumblr. Never change. :^)

http://i.imgur.com/mZjzYTe.png
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't want to be too cruel as it's obviously socially isolated young people making stuff like that and they clearly put a lot of heart and soul into its creation, but I'd really love to know how they came to some of these conclusions. How do you get all of that from the Mad Dummy with its, what, three lines of dialogue?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    To be fair it is because explaining almost anything this game has to offer would ruin the experience. Back when it was new most fans simply enjoyed the game and were asking people to take a chance on it simply because they didn't want to tarnish the experience. I love Undertale, but it really hinges on not knowing what the player is getting into exactly the first time through.
    I've known dick all about undertale since it came out despite seeming popular so I've never looked into it much. But seeing you describe it like this and seeing as it's on sale right now I said smurf it and bought it. Gonna give it a go once I get the chance.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't want to be too cruel as it's obviously socially isolated young people making stuff like that and they clearly put a lot of heart and soul into its creation, but I'd really love to know how they came to some of these conclusions. How do you get all of that from the Mad Dummy with its, what, three lines of dialogue?
    It's my understanding that someone made the art (which is really good, and I really enjoy their interpretations of the characters!) and someone added all of the tags later.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    I've known dick all about undertale since it came out despite seeming popular so I've never looked into it much. But seeing you describe it like this and seeing as it's on sale right now I said smurf it and bought it. Gonna give it a go once I get the chance.
    Knowing you, I really think you'll enjoy this game a lot.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I guess I'll need to play it to figure out quite how to take that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Literally for once in the six years you've know me, I'm not insulting you.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Literally for once in the six years you've know me, I'm not insulting you.
    Had to happen sooner or later.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I own this game but still have yet to play it. I still know pretty much nothing about the game too, surprisingly. I just can’t play stuff as comfortably on my computer right now, but I might have to try giving this game a go after the holidays.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thoroughly enjoying this strange little gem so far. Glad I trusted you guys.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I don't think it hinges on that quite that much. Like sure the cool things it does are more cool when you don't know they're coming, but it's not what makes Undertale a great game, IMO.
    The game is quite good by itself, as I enjoyed many playthroughs despite knowing everything there is to know about the game. I just meant that the first playthrough is greatly enhanced the less you know. Even if you were the supreme RPG junkies like most of us were in the 90s, even then the game does a great job throwing people for a loop when they can spot every reference and nod that Undertale throws out there. Knowing certain things going in wouldn't ruin the game, but it would diminish the experience, I feel.

I guess I missed the boat on this, but I just got it for PS4 and played through what I believe was the neutral route. I really enjoyed the game, but that hell of a freaky ending clinched it for me! Was both creepy and funny at the same time.
    Not sure if it's worth jumping straight back on for a pacifist or genocide ending. Does a lot change? Or is it just going through the same motions? Also, is it easy to miss anything on either run and accidentally get the neutral ending again? That would irritate me.