Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Undertale

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Good for them. Maybe they figured out how not to be assholes too.

This may come as a shock to you, because you know 8 year old with eidetic memories or whatever but I don't remember every line from a game I played through quickly over a year ago.
    *shrugs*

You were being difficult for the sake of being difficult. I wasn't really trying to ruffle you're feathers that hard, but it's difficult for me to understand why you wouldn't be able to understand what the game tells you...by literally telling you. Flowey outright says it. It's seriously not hard to pick up that info.

Don't get mad at me for your lack of comprehension. Get smarter.

No. I wasn't. As I previously said, I thought he was troutposting. Even the way he phrased it made it sound like he was troutposting. I also said I don't remember the libes you're talking about. To my best recollection you get your ass handed to you at the beginning for trying to talk to Flowey, so why would you keep doing that?

Flowey says don't kill anything after you've already played through the game once. I'm pretty sure he doesn't say that the first time.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 11-10-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If it we're more vauge I would get we're you are coming from, but while Flowey is a deceptive character, the fact that the game lifted curtain on the importance of saving and how truly self aware some aspects of the game are. So pair that with Flowey straight up telling you what to do and exactly where to go makes it obvious (at least to me) that if you reload your save and do what he says you'll get extra content.

Now here is where my memory gets hazy. I believe if you did kill a monster he will say just as clearly that you'll need to restart and. It kill anyone. So even in that situation (assuming I am correct) Flowey tells you what's up. Basically after the Neautral stuff he is a way for the player to get directions from on their file state and what to do.

I think we may be talking about different things. It's very clear after you've already completed the neutral path, I agree. I don't remember it being so clear on starting a new game for the first time.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    No. I wasn't. As I previously said, I thought he was troutposting. Even the way he phrased it made it sound like he was troutposting. I also said I don't remember the libes you're talking about. To my best recollection you get your ass handed to you at the beginning for trying to talk to Flowey, so why would you keep doing that?
    You don't actually get the option to talk (or fight) with Flowey at the first battle, he just attacks you. The first battle you get the option to do that is the Training Dummy, and to be fair to the game, Toriel specifically tells you to talk to it and then the game praises you for doing so if you choose to do this instead of fighting it. There's also a Froggit right afterwards that says not all monsters want to fight and it asks you to show mercy in that situation.

Okay. That sort of sounds like it's a conditional ability to use rather than a directive to never use the fight command. I think my memory is also conflating the Flowey encounter with the Toriel training encounter so it can't be trusted.