Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale

It should have controller support. Its an RPG Maker game at its core right? RPG Maker has controller support by default I believe. Unless they used a really old version

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It does have controller support but it's not RPG Maker.

The soundtrack is boss. Perfect mix of piano epicness and disco bleeps and many other things.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Ya'll need to learn about JoyToKey.

http://joytokey.net/en/

For the record I did not use a controller. It's strange because I am not great a bullet hell stuff either, but I managed to clear the game without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    A small team of people made the game in RPG maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It does have controller support but it's not RPG Maker.
    Poop

Anyway, the issue was controller support, so as long as that's there, it's all good

Has anyone that is in love with this game ever played OFF? About a baseball player cleansing some weird creepy version of an Earthbound'esque world and purify everything. Similar art style. I watched Markiplier play through it. You guys might enjoy it. I'd say it was also made in RPG Maker as well, but possibly not. I guess if either of them were made in RPG Maker, they'd have done everything from scratch

Either way, there's OFF. Its not the emotional rollercoaster this game seems to be, but people may still like it

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertale GameMaker Studio. Same as Hotline Miami and Spelunky iirc. Has a fair bit more capability to it than RPG Maker does.

Had a look at OFF, I'd hazard a guess from the look of it that this one is an RPG Maker game. Was Mark's LP of it any good? I might start with watching that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought it was RPG Maker, so that's on me. It is a similar program, though. It...uh...makes RPGs! Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertale GameMaker Studio. Same as Hotline Miami and Spelunky iirc. Has a fair bit more capability to it than RPG Maker does.

Had a look at OFF, I'd hazard a guess from the look of it that this one is an RPG Maker game. Was Mark's LP of it any good? I might start with watching that.
    Oh, right. I've been dabbling with GameMaker Studio recently. It's really flexible to bend to whatever type of thing you want to make, and most of its commands are only marginally more difficult than learning HTML/CSS stuff

And yeah, Mark's play of OFF was kinda in his middle phase, before he got super popular, and didn't feel as much expectation from fans to do anything in particular. So he was very real while playing it, he did voices and whatnot, but it was fitting and done well. I really enjoyed it. But you probably only need to watch an episode or two to get an idea if you want to take a dive, or if it's something worth just watching an LP, or you'll realize its just not your bag. Its very easy to "get" from watching just a bit of it. The whole game just spews random insanity the whole time

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Man I can't figure out how to get it to work with my controller.

Oh well, I'll just shove my way through the parts of the game I'm bad at. Slowly. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Man I can't figure out how to get it to work with my controller.

Oh well, I'll just shove my way through the parts of the game I'm bad at. Slowly. xD
    Basically, just search for the USB game controller set up and click "properties." Press all your buttons and see what does what. Then go the JoyToKey program and map the buttons to what the Undertale controls are. It seems ass backwards at first, but I basically use it for everything.

For example, instead of using a program to get my PS3 or 360 controller to work with emulators I just set up keyboard controls for an emulator and then use JoyToKey to match whatever keys I set up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just finished my first neutral run. (SPOILER)I was spoiled on Flowey being the supervillain but it was still chilling as smurf. The fight with Asgore is so emotional AND THEN THIS smurfING FLOWER SHOWS UP AND RUINS EVERYTHING. Goddamnit. Incredibly good usage of game crashes though, I had a good laugh at that. Beat him on my second try. Up next would be the pacifist run. Annnd I casually saw someone say in a YouTube comment Pacifist run spoilers?that apparently Flowey deliberately instigates you to do it to TRULY win against you? Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing it all for myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Just finished my first neutral run. (SPOILER)I was spoiled on Flowey being the supervillain but it was still chilling as smurf. The fight with Asgore is so emotional AND THEN THIS smurfING FLOWER SHOWS UP AND RUINS EVERYTHING. Goddamnit. Incredibly good usage of game crashes though, I had a good laugh at that. Beat him on my second try. Up next would be the pacifist run. Annnd I casually saw someone say in a YouTube comment Pacifist run spoilers?that apparently Flowey deliberately instigates you to do it to TRULY win against you? Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing it all for myself.
    Don't worry, you'll still enjoy it. Agreed on your thoughts, btw!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, now I've also done the Pacifist Route. (SPOILER)True Lab was probably the most chilling area of the entire game. Like wow. Everything after that... it was okay I guess. Nothing quite as memorable as Asgore smashing the Mercy button or Flowey randomly showing up to ruin everything and become a photoshop nightmare to kill you. In fact probably my favorite part was when Flowey talks to you after you reboot the game. Because I'm definitely going to be doing a true reset. Don't worry Flowey and everyone else, all I'm doing is going to a different fragment, you can still enjoy yours!

Time to become a genocidal maniac...
    Edit: Oh wait. I already am; My avatar is Black Battler. Looks like I'm all set!
    Last edited by Karifean; 12-29-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Well, now I've also done the Pacifist Route. (SPOILER)True Lab was probably the most chilling area of the entire game. Like wow. Everything after that... it was okay I guess. Nothing quite as memorable as Asgore smashing the Mercy button or Flowey randomly showing up to ruin everything and become a photoshop nightmare to kill you. In fact probably my favorite part was when Flowey talks to you after you reboot the game. Because I'm definitely going to be doing a true reset. Don't worry Flowey and everyone else, all I'm doing is going to a different fragment, you can still enjoy yours!

Time to become a genocidal maniac...
    Edit: Oh wait. I already am; My avatar is Black Battler. Looks like I'm all set!
    (SPOILER)See, I really loved the Pacifist ending. Don't get me wrong, the Asgore fight and the Flowey madness was absolutely awesome, but the finality of the sequences during the Pacifist ending? Man, that got to me. Also, that hug? Man on man, that destroyed me in a good way. Personally, I don't have the heart to ever do a Genocide run. I looked up everything there is to it and it is just too brutal for me. Anyway, have fun having a bad time!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pike got me a copy to replace the one I refunded and I don't know what happened but my opinion has drastically changed. I still kind of don't like the graphics much at all but man I am really enjoying it so much!

Also my controller just worked without me needing to do anything at all except pick it up

e; I think I can only ever play (SPOILER)Pacifist runs though. Gote Mom would be disappoint with anything else. Also I wish I could just stay with her at the start of the game